We are looking for an experienced open source community manager to join MindsDB. MindsDB is a funded startup with its main offices in the Bay Area. Having been accelerated by the UC Berkeley Accelerator Skydeck, we are now expanding the team, looking for passionate individuals to help grow our vision of putting AI in the hands of as many people as possible. If you have a passion for AI and want to help us get it into the hands of more people to solve real-world problems, we would like to hear from you.
The open source community manager is responsible for managing and promoting the MindsDB Open Source Projects and to develop the Open Source community. The community manager will devise and deliver marketing promotions/events/social engagement/PR to increase the community and encourage strong engagement and community participation.
You can check out the Open Source component of our software here: https://github.com/mindsdb/main#mindsdb
- Bachelors degree in related field
- 3+ years of experience developing and delivering compelling technical communication in the open source.
- Experience in technical writing
- Experience with "growth hacking" to grow a community
- Strong social media skills and active community involvement
- Proven success at running developer community events and promotions
- Talent for working collaboratively across marketing disciplines and cross-functionally
- Supporting software releases, community projects, community blogs, social, forum posts etc.
- Building a communication content pipeline and working with counterparts in engineering, marketing and sales to coordinate content execution and promotion.
- Ideation and execution of activities to encourage community engagement
- Manage regional events for developers – including meetups, hackathons and conferences.
- Be an active social media promoter and viral marketer.
- Devise and drive the open source marketing plan.
- Measure, track, and report against objectives.
- Devise and maintain budget and track/manage
More like this
- Full Stack Developer at CAST
- Senior Product Manager at Rotageek
- Software Engineer at Orkestro
- Client Success Manager at Inkpath Limited
- Junior Project Manager at Lattimore and Friends
- Head of Research & Development at ihorizon
- Tech Lead at infogr8
- Community Manager at Hold
- Startup Program Account Executive at SaaStock