About Village Capital
Are you passionate about how entrepreneurship can solve important problems in the world? At Village Capital, we find, train and support entrepreneurs solving problems important to society, help build equitable entrepreneurship ecosystems, and share what we’re learning about emerging innovation to help guide leaders in business, finance, and policy.
Village Capital is looking for a driven leader to play a critical role in developing new partnerships with foundations, corporations, and other donor communities to help us achieve our mission. As a member of the Partnerships Team, the Partnerships Manager, EMAA will lead the expansion and maintenance of key funding and strategic partnerships to power Village Capital’s activities in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and Asia. The Partnerships Manager, EMAA will collaborate with senior leaders within Village Capital to refine regional strategies, translate that vision to specific activities, and secure the partnerships required to execute.
● New Lead Development and Tracking: You will identify potential funders, develop a strong pipeline of leads for your own pursuit with the support of the Senior Director, Partnerships, the Growth Team’s Innovation unit, and the Global Ventures team. You will be responsible for inputting and managing data associated with these potential partners in Salesforce and other systems.
● Concept Creation and Proposal Support: You will develop concepts for partnerships and lead on the finalization of official funding proposals to prospective partners, including through structured application processes and more consultative approaches. You will be responsible for tracking all sales progress through Salesforce.
● Partnership Management and Expansion: In collaboration with the Global Ventures team, and the Growth Team’s Innovation and Communication units, you will be responsible for continued engagement and support of current partners, with a specific focus on the expansion of current funding relationships to include more financial and strategic support.
● Cross-Team Fundraising: You will coordinate with the Global Ventures team and the Growth Team’s Innovation unit to develop and pursue additional funding opportunities with program mentors, advisory board members, and other key stakeholders. This includes supporting the Global Ventures team with prospecting, generating leads, and cultivating conversations with prospective partners as appropriate, and providing the requisite materials to do so.
● Partner Stewardship: In collaboration with the Global Ventures team and the Growth Team’s Communications and Innovations units, the Partnerships Manager will provide consistent and thoughtful engagement of current and potential partners with initiatives led by Village Capital across the EMEAA Region, including all of Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and (South) Asia.
● Communications Coordination: In collaboration with the Communications unit, the Partnerships Manager will leverage Village Capital’s public relations and marketing tools to catalyze engagement with potential partners, through conferences, PR and social media campaigns,placed media, etc.
● Strategic Development: You will assist the Senior Director, Partnerships, in the development and execution of fundraising strategies to increase funding and improve the diversity and sustainability of Village Capital’s operating support, including a retail fundraising strategy, a major gift strategy, etc.
● Bachelor’s Degree required;
● Familiarity and comfort with Salesforce;
● 3-5 years of relevant experience;
● A successful track record in sales, business development, and client relationship management;
● Excellent communication and relationship-building skills;
● Ability to prioritize tasks and execute them in coordination with a variety of internal and external stakeholders;
● Team player with a desire to learn new approaches; and
● Humble, curious and empathic attitude towards learning and creating solutions.
● 20-30% work travel