People Operations Lead
Founded in 2013, Akkroo is leading the development of an emerging software category around Event Lead Capture. Our platform empowers businesses who regularly exhibit at trade shows and events with a streamlined solution for collecting and taking action with leads all the way from the show-floor all the way back to their existing Marketing and CRM systems.
We’ve spent the last 4 years developing the Akkroo platform to achieve product market fit, building our customer base and laying the foundations for global success. After raising a pre-Series A round in 2016 and passing £1M ARR, we are now on the exciting journey to £10M ARR and beyond. We are a growing team of 25 people based in London, with a small number of remote workers in the US and UK.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We have reached a size where we need full time assistance with our people operations, and to look after a broad range of responsibilities that span all our internal teams, including:
- being an ambassador for our culture and values
- championing our company vision
- helping us co-ordinate our recruitment process and build our talent pipeline
- establishing and being accountable for human processes such as on-boarding & off-boarding team mates
- providing a voice for our team both internally and to the rest of world
- soliciting feedback from the team and work with them to develop our office standards
- helping us celebrate successes as a team
- being responsible for maintaining a level of excellence in our internal Net Promoter Score (we use OfficeVibe)
- encouraging wellness and establishing programmes to support this
- assist us in human issues surrounding the building of remote and international teams
- help us with events where our brand is represented to potential hires
- co-ordinate traditional HR activity and record keeping
- help us meet our company vision of defining a world-class modern working team and working environment
- providing people operations as a service to the business (rather than a functional department)
Should you join us in this role you will work closely with the business founders and leadership team to help elevate our team to the next level. This is a critical time for us as a company having doubled in head count in the last 12 months, and as we move into new London premises just before the 2017 Christmas break.
As this is the first time we have hired for this role, we will happily help develop your skills and qualifications, and are willing to invest in making sure you to achieve any appropriate qualifications over time.
As the ideal candidate, you should have great interpersonal, people management and organisational skills. You will always remain calm and diligent under pressure, empathetic and a great listener. You enjoy getting into the detail and are capable of creating and maintaining accountable processes.
You don’t need to have done this exact role before, however should have had at least one year of experience in an organisation working in HR, customer success or a similar area. You should have a deep appreciation of and interest in what it takes to create a great cultural organisation. You will often have to be self-directed, share information in a way that others respond to, and persuade team mates of the value of actions that affect the whole business.
You must also possess great written and verbal communication skills as you will be responsible for clearly communicating critical messages to the team. You’ll also need to be confident picking up and working with software, for example we currently use RecruiterBox, Trello, Slack, Zapier, OfficeVibe and a host of other SaaS tools.
WHAT WE VALUE
A kind, positive, thoughtful approach to life and your work will be important. Our five values reflect the qualities we look for in our peers:
- Good judgement
- Make an impact
- Be curious & innovate
- Build trust
- Embrace the journey
Every member of our team actively shapes our startup business; so personal learning, contribution and growth are very important to us all.
We encourage cross-discipline collaboration across the company, including participation and decision-making in areas you might not traditionally be familiar with, such as marketing, sales, customer success and business development.
WHAT WE’RE OFFERING
- Salary dependent on experience, range between £28,000 — £38,000
- This is a full time, permanent role, based from our London offices. We are unable to sponsor foreign-working visas for this role.
- You’ll also benefit from the full range of Akkroo Perks
Salary range £28,000 — 38,000
Dependent on experience
More like this
- HR Manager at Geoblink
- Customer Success Manager at Juro
- Technical Delivery Manager at Development Initiatives
- Sales Development Representative at Juro
- Content Writer/ Content Lead at Akkroo
- Operations Manager at BlockDox
- Success Coach at Expensify
- VP of Sales at Geoblink
- Account Executive UK at Geoblink
- React Developer at The Bot Platform