We are looking for an amazing Product Designer at carwow to come and join our Product Team. We’re a growing team of 100+ that hugely values the importance of design and usability.
Design is core to the culture of our company, one of our co-founders is our Creative Director, and we look for excellent design in everything, from the website right down to beautiful chrome fire extinguishers in our shiny new office!
We have a clear aim, to become the absolute best way to choose and buy a new car. Car buyers face complex choices and a sea of information, and our mission is to make buying a car simple as well as enjoyable. Great user-centered design is a major part of this mission; it builds trust, explains data in an understandable way and can improve all the other key parts of the business. Plus we like making people happy!
We’re growing extremely fast and are proud to be backed by some of Europe’s best investors; VCs who were early backers of LOVEFiLM, Lyst, Betfair, Zoopla, Shazam and many more industry leading online businesses.
We’re still small though, which means you get to make a huge difference in a growing and already successful business.
We’re looking for someone who lives for improving products through clever and beautiful design.
You’re passionate about the whole design process, from technical architecture to user psychology, A/B testing, UX best practices to beautiful UI.
You’ll take ownership of features and work with our product team to create user flows and wireframe out ideas then help them into stunning visual interfaces.
We’re after someone who’s got experience and passion for solving complex design problems and presenting them in a simple yet delightful way.
- 4+ years of experience designing user interfaces and interactions for web and mobile applications
- Passionate about simplification and creating intuitive interfaces
- Strong understanding of interaction design, UX & UI principles, information architecture, processes and best practices
- Experience using analytics data to inform design decisions
- Results-driven, able to initiate and lead projects; work autonomously and multi-task in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Self-motivated, entrepreneurial and well-suited to design quickly, innovate and iterate
- Exceptional communication skills
- The ability to think at a high level about product strategy and vision (not just ‘how it should look’ but ‘what we should build’)
- Ability to thoughtfully rationalize your design decisions taking into account technical limitations and business priorities
- Very competitive salary
- Equity in the business
- Want training? We’ve got weekly German language classes, presentation skills training, management training, yoga classes and our developers are running coding classes.
- Generous holiday allowance
- A chance to work in a truly data-driven environment. We A/B test extensively and data is core to our decision-making process
- Get to work with a highly experienced team on a high traffic site
- Annual company ski trip - this year we're going to Austria!
- A sociable team with monthly office-wide events - check out our Instagram
- Friday wine/beers
- Netball, football, dodgeball, tennis and cricket teams
Salary range £35,000 — 40,000
Dependent on experience
More like this
- UX/UI Designer at Hold
- Full Stack Web App Developer at UQuant
- Front-end developer at Messly
- iOS Developer at TrustFlight
- Operations Developer (Jr Developer) at Consultant Connect
- Senior Software Developer at UQuant
- Digital Marketer at Makers Academy
- Product Designer (UI/UX) at Geckoboard
- Full-Stack Engineer at Thriva
- Software Developer at Flynotes