👋 Hey, We're Founders Factory
We're the world’s best partner for founders.Started by Brent Hoberman and Henry Lane Fox, Founders Factory has received investment from L’Oreal, easyJet, Guardian Media Group, Aviva, Holtzbrinck, CSC and M&S. We're also partnered with Wunderman and Vodafone. Combined with our full-time team of 60 specialists we offer founders the best platform to launch or scale their startup.
Our incubator creates 13 new startups every year. We validate ideas, build founding teams, find first customers and invest directly in each startup.
Our accelerator invests in 35 startups every year. We invest cash, six months of bespoke support from our team and provide commercial opportunities with our investors.We're also Europe's Hottest Startup Accelerator according to the Europas, read more here.
👟Our CultureLet’s be honest, Founders Factory is not for everyone. Working with us is very different than other companies. Not just a job – instead, a pursuit that we live and breathe every single day. We are resilient business builders, thrive in uncertainty, and are incredibly passionate. We want to develop a deeper understanding of the conditions that lead to successful innovation and are hoping to show that there’s a better way to build tech startups and take on the issue that most startups fail. We are creating something meaningful and get paid to learn at an incredible pace.
🎓Incubation Principles- Momentum over perfection - Every problem has a solution - A sense of ownership is required to innovate - Transparency is needed to avoid mistakes and capture key learnings
💪 Your Responsibilities
- Leading visual and interaction design for our incubated businesses across all our industry sectors
- Building prototypes to test your designs in the hands of real users
- Investigating and experimenting with new technologies, tools, and design languages in order to continuously improve your skills and productivity
- Working as an advisor on design and strategy to companies and teams in the accelerator
- Drive innovation, visual consistency and creativity across our business
- Work with rest of the design and product team to act as thought leaders and to establish a strong external presence for design at Founders Factory Advise on all aspects of design including branding, typography, service design and marketing
🎯 Required skills, competencies and experience
- Able to identify market opportunities and help define product vision and strategy
- You can balance detail and simplicity, in order to create experiences that users love.
- Have built a product from scratch
- Demonstrated ability operating in an ambiguous environment
- You can craft beautiful, intuitive interfaces on a variety of platforms but also enjoy diving deeper into the product design process and solving big problems - whilst also delighting users and stakeholders.
- Experience in customer facing product design across at least two industry verticals (e.g. financial services, retail, gaming)
- Demonstrate a proven track record in delivering successful products that users love from ideation to launch
- Be structured in your approach to understanding users, and frame design decisions around your findings
- Intense focus on production value and attention to detail, showcasing a portfolio of products both beautiful and functional At least three years of design experience in roles demonstrating leadership and ingenuity
👌 Ideal Candidates Would Also Possess
- Experience designing for wearable, AR, VR or non-traditional devices and platforms.
- Exposure to branding, print design, service design or other non-software outputs
- A track record of contributing to the design community at large in an area of expertise
Salary = £40-55K dependent on experience
📈 BenefitsWe provide all the excitement and freedom of an early stage startup but with the stability and resources of a large organisation. This is your rare chance to contribute across the full business spectrum to become a founder in the future: - Growth: Work with and meet exceptional talent. Learn faster than you ever have before. Access our large network of investors and customers. - Autonomy: Freedom to execute, build businesses, not just products. - Support: marketing, legal, finance, fundraising, growth, business development and recruitment. - Health and Wellness: Comprehensive extended health care coverage from Vitality. - Office Space: Desk space in fully-serviced office on High Street Ken with table tennis table, scooters and breakout spaces. - Office Meals: Catered lunches 2 days a week, unlimited breakfast, healthy snacks, freshly ground coffee and Paul’s Irish Bar. Please note: we have an overwhelming number of applications and will do our best to get back to you within 72 hours if you fit the bill.
Salary range £40,000 — 55,000
Apply for this job or share it
More like this
- Director of Education at Nomad MBA
- Lead Software Engineer - with CTO potential at Grow Biotech plc
- Customer Success Manager at Rotageek Ltd
- Executive Assistant at Lyvly
- Customer Service Executive at Lyvly
- Strategic Business Development Manager at Gravity Sketch
- Software Engineer at Alterest
- Sales Manager / Business Development Manager at We Make Websites
- Infrastructure Engineer at re:infer