This is an engineering role, providing the exposure to the niche technologies with microservices, blockchain and cloud. We’re looking for candidates that thrive in a challenging environment and believe in constantly raising the bar for customers to realise the power of our Globacap Platform.
You have a growth mindset and constantly seek to understand blind spots and challenges - whether it’s a customer’s unique need or interacting with new technologies.You feel comfortable tackling issues and enjoy designing and developing highly scalable systems and state-of-the-art features with highly maintainable code. You are energized by solving challenges across a diverse range of technologies.
Remote working supported. UK based.
Reporting directly to the Software Engineering Manager you will:
- Develop engineering products and highly scalable backend cloud services
- Have software engineering expertise with technical expertise to write elegant, readable and high performant code
- Work with designers, to provide feedback and develop intuitive features for end customers
- Work with stakeholders in defining, planning, estimating and ultimately delivering features that deliver meaningful results and business impact
- Have own ambitions for developing high quality code and features and maintaining cloud services with resiliency and scale
- Take ownership for features and provide feedback and improvements to development process
- Promote proper engineering practice, bug prevention strategies, testability, accessibility, privacy, and other advanced quality concepts across products
- Navigate through our codebase, identify weak spots and constantly design better and creative ways to break software and identify potential problems
- Document customer design and onboarding, product usage experience and challenges for sharing with all the company
- Take initiative in discovering and implementing various improvements on product, tech and customer experience related to the Globacap Platform
What you’ll bring
You must have prior experience working cross geographical development teams, building niche products and have a passion for start-ups and be flexible and confident in dealing with staff at all levels across all departments.
- More than 3 years of software development experience using Ruby
- Developing back-end website applications
- Creating servers and databases for functionality
- Ensuring cross-platform optimization
- Ensuring responsiveness of applications
- Seeing through a project from conception to finished product.
- Designing and developing APIs and documentation
- Work on frameworks and abstractions that help define a reliable, reusable and performant web platform
- Drive a culture of lean and agile software development
- Proficiency in working with technologies in DevOps, IT operations, security, cloud, microservices, and container platforms
- Expertise in SaaS/FinTech is a major advantage
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, with the ability to go deep and ready to challenge the norms
- Not afraid of experimentation and drive with an ownership for overall product, platform and code quality
- Have an efficient and simplistic approach to your work
- Act with utmost integrity and be execution driven
- Use lateral thinking along with your own unique perspective
- Excellent English language skills
- A positive hands-on and “yes, we can” approach
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
Technologies we use
React.js, NestJS, Ruby on Rails, Blockchain (Hyperledger Fabric), OpenShift, Kubernetes, Docker, Microservices, PostgreSQL, CouchDB, MongoDB, AWS, Atlassian Suite (Jira & Confluence)
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited holidays
- Flexible & remote working fully supported
- Share options
- Company pension
- Health, vision and dental insurance
- LinkedIn Learning access
Who we are
Globacap is a rapidly growing and innovative FinTech company based in London. We use technology to automate the flow of capital globally, reducing risk and increasing efficiency for our clients across the entire securities lifecycle from placement, to register management, and secondary liquidity. We’re already creating a huge impact despite our short history, shown by our rapidly growing customer base, our inclusion in the Disruption50 (an index of the UK’s most disruptive tech companies), and by winning ‘Blockchain Project of the Year’ at the FStech awards 2020.
Our platform is unique, as we are the only firm that supports businesses through their entire capital markets lifecycle, offering one straight-forward, cost-effective solution. Also, by embracing advanced blockchain technology, we shine when it comes to workflow automation, as well as accuracy and security of data.
We’re looking for people with imagination and experience to be part of our rapidly growing team. Do you have that, and share our passion for technology? Do you like taking ownership and seeing the rewards of your hard work? Do you want to be part of a rapidly growing company with big ambitions to reshape the capital markets industry? If so, we’d love to have you on our team.
Salary range £45,000 — 65,000
Apply for this job or share it
More like this
- Senior DevOps Engineer at Mattermost
- Front-end developer at Anyone
- Full Stack Software Developer at CAST
- Product Designer at Encore
- Engineering Manager at Automata
- Client facing Frontend Developer at Day Digital
- Head of Sales at inploi
- Finance Manager at Playter
- Engineering Manager at Splyt