As part of the Design team you'll be working on products and services for some of the world’s biggest brands. You'll be involved from planning through to execution, becoming an ever-present advocate for the user. You'll help your team to make informed design decisions, placing the needs of the user and the business at the very heart of your work.
Your interest and focus will be in human-centred visual design, supported by a broad knowledge of common user interface design patterns, iconography, typography and colour theory. You'll enjoy concepting and visualising solutions in response to the problems, ideas and opportunities you help extract from users and stakeholders.
You'll be most effective collaborating alongside engineers, strategists and other skilled team members in order to respond to the varying constraints of each project. You'll be keen to drive and justify your design decisions using research data, design principles, prototypes and the resulting user-testing learnings.
As a mid-weight Product Designer you'll be able to confidently contribute to a project’s design activities from kickoff through to delivery. You'll be paired with at least one other designer on projects – both to complement your skill-set and help you develop. You'll also be encouraged and supported in contributing to our Design team’s discipline.
All Designers at TAB are…
- Confident using Adobe CC Suite, Sketch, Keynote and prototyping tools of your choice.
- Keen to be client-facing, supporting the presentation of their latest design work.
- Inquisitive and eager to continuously improve and learn, through books, articles, meet-ups etc.
- Naturally collaborative, ego-free and able to give and take design critique constructively.
- Familiar with agile methods and terminology, and/or general software dev environments.
- Actively involved in growing the Design team by finding and attracting design talent.Designing, prototyping and building products used by millions of people every day.
As a Mid-weight Product Designer at TAB, you…
- Are well on the way to mastering your product design craft.
- Deliver high quality work on time, and help others on your team do the same.
- Set your own agenda, with some direction from seniors and your product team peers.
- Are using and mastering the TAB principles and agile ways of working.
- Are an important part of your product team and consistently deliver value.
- Are excited about new opportunities offered on projects and products.
- Are eager to identify work to do and learn; focused on finding solid solutions to problems.
- Contribute to the Design team by helping identify and interview great new team mates.
- You assist on tasks that the Design team has identified to progress TAB's capability.
- Help develop thought-leadership marketing materials.
- Contribute to TAB by attending events and sharing your learnings internally.
Our Application and Interview Process
If you wish to apply, please share examples of your work as PDFs or online case studies. We’re interested in the areas you lead and those you participate in, as you explore, iterate and present your craft and associated materials. For example; research, sketches, concepts, visuals, motion pieces, prototypes and other artefacts relevant to product design.
About The App Business
Founded in 2009, The App Business runs fast and lean, creating awesome products and services for ambitious clients ready to rethink their business around mobile-enabled users. Based in the heart of London’s thriving King’s Cross, we work in an environment built to help us - and our clients - excel. We invest heavily in this vision, placing the support and development of our teams, as well as our culture, at the heart of everything we do.
As a company, we know it is important to acknowledge the effort our people put in - which is why we have a great range of benefits in place, which increase as people grow and develop within TAB. It is one of the many ways we ensure we say thank you, and has lead to us ranking as 'Outstanding' in the independent Best Companies Index.
If this sounds like the kind of place you want to work, apply now!
More like this
- Senior UX Designer at Kalo
- Mid-Senior Full Stack Developer (MEAN... ish) at Omnifi
- User Experience Lead at Action for Children
- UX/UI Designer App Development Studio at Borne Digital
- Full Stack CMS Developer at Mathematics
- Product Designer (UX/UI) at Founders Factory
- Community Manager at Makers Academy
- UX/UI Designer at Entale
- Senior Front End Developer at Funding Options
- Front End Developer at Skin Analytics