The traditional way of building and distributing retail brands is being disrupted with the digital revolution and the rise of digital native brands catering to the lifestyle and aspirations of the digital native consumers.
At Branded, we want to shape this transformation and become a global operator of leading brands.
Branded is a technology-driven e-commerce company that acquires, operates, and scales brands with category-winning products on global marketplaces.
Built by a team with a proven track record in e-commerce (Lazada, Amazon, Walmart, Goldman Sachs, SoftBank...), we have the right experience to build and grow outstanding brands on Amazon and beyond.
Branded has raised 150M€ from global investors Target Global, Declaration Partners, Tiger Global, Kreos Capital, Lurra Capital, Regah Ventures, Kima Ventures and Vine Ventures. Our team includes e-commerce pioneers and senior executives from Lazada,Amazon, Alibaba, SoftBank, and Goldman Sachs.
Since inception in the second half of 2020, Branded has amassed a portfolio of 20 best-selling and profitable brands with over 700,000 reviews on Amazon’s marketplace collectively generating $150 million in gross revenue.
We’re growing and expanding rapidly. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a global high-growth start-up within his biggest seller’s team!
About the role
As Product Development Director, Consumer Goods you are responsible for product research, collaborating on sourcing, driving the development, design, and branding. Your desire to achieve results and decision-making ability help position our brands as ‘best in class’.
You will lead a team of like-minded creative individuals by proactively developing and driving profitable growth plans across selected categories to deliver revenue and margin objectives. You will have the supernatural ability to spot product gaps within the market and champion new opportunities for our brands.
This role is critical to researching, developing and expanding our product and brand portfolio.
What you will do
- Plan and own the product launch pipeline and critical path (ideal 60 days for non complex products)
- Manage a Product Development team of between 5-10 people (Managers, Buyers, Researchers)
- Drive the identification of product opportunities based on a range of criteria (profit margin assessment, market demand assessment)
- Collaborate closely with the sourcing team to find high-quality suppliers in China (and in other countries)
- Develop differentiated products that can stand out in the Amazon marketplace
- Responsible for creating strong product branding and product design via coordinating with designers, product developers, and copywriters
- Report to the CMO
- Collaborate closely with other internal departments, such as marketing and supply chain
Who you are
- 6+ years of buying, NPD and/or sourcing experience in the consumer goods space
- Keen attention to details
- Good communicator
- Excellent oral and written English
- Creative, and a very good understanding of branding and design thinking
- A systematic, well-organized leader with a clear understanding of the product development process and all involved steps
- Strong motivational skills, especially when it comes to leading a remote team
- Preferred but not required: A degree in Supply Chain, Engineering or Business
- Preferred but not required: Experience with Amazon
If you are ready to join our fast-paced new company, apply below! I will personally review your application within the following week. If your profile and experience fit our requirements, I will invite you for a first phone call.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin will be considered. No qualified applicants will be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status.
Apply for this job or share it
More like this
- Growth Marketing Manager at Blink - The Employee App
- Project Manager Marketing - Growth Hacking at 7pace
- Head of Education (ex-CTO / senior developer hire) at Sigma Labs XYZ
- Senior Product Manager at Genie AI
- Business Development Manager at Request
- Full-Stack Developer at Placed
- Full Stack Developer - Software Engineer at mmob
- Marketing Communications Manager - Programs at Rezatec
- Backend Developer at VerifyEd
- Lead Engineer - Full Stack at MOONSIFT