As a product engineer you will have end-to-end ownership of projects, working on the full-stack to improve the Hubble platform.
The engineering team works closely with all areas of the business, so you'll be working side by side with product, design, marketing and sales to build the most impactful products. To do this, we balance building "hacky" MVPs with spending time to build highly polished products.
We ship to production multiple times per day and split big projects into thin vertical slices. Work is prioritised into two week long sprints and we roughly use the Scrum methodology. Once a feature is shipped we measure everything and spend a lot of time evaluating data in Mixpanel and conducting user research.
As a marketplace we have several different types of customers and several different elements that make up our platform. This means that every week you could be working on a different problem:
- Search: how do we help customers find exactly what they need?
- Viewings: how do we take this offline activity online? Can we use VR to our advantage and aid the customer?
- Data: how can data be used to revolutionise the complex office industry?
- Host Tools: how can hosts manage their spaces more efficiently? How do they fill their space in the least time as possible?
- Automation: what is a time consuming process that we can we automate to make us more efficient?
- Scaling: as we expand globally, what do we need to change in order to handle the new levels of scale?
As well as the above, we are still a small team and so have a relaxed atmosphere, offer flexible working and always promote opportunities to have input in other aspects of the business. Engineers are encouraged to try out new technologies where they can benefit us and we regularly host breakfasts to discuss new things and knowledge share.
Though we would like you to:
- have 3+ years experience programming and an understanding of how to build production systems.
- have worked in an engineering team before and have experience building products used by real customers.
- have a good understanding of the web platform as a whole and awareness of frontend, backend and RESTful best practices.
- have a desire to learn and develop as an engineer.
We make sure everyone in the team is comfortable and has the best environment for them. We offer flexible hours, remote working and have a relaxed attitude to taking holiday - focusing only on whether work gets done. Benefits can be tweaked on an individual basis depending on what makes you most productive. Here are some of the things we offer:
- Remuneration competitive with industry and level of experience.
- Equity options.
- Macbook, peripherals and standing desk.
- Expense budget & travel.
- Noise-cancelling headphones.
- Spotify Premium or Apple Music.
- Kindle Unlimited & free technical books.
- Health & Pension.
- Cycle to Work scheme.
Additionally, being part of Entrepreneur First, 500 startups and Seedcamp gives us (and you) access to a vibrant startup community, office hours and talks with industry experts.
Salary range £35,000 — 50,000
Equity options available.
More like this
- Senior Backend (Python) Engineer at Lyst
- Lead Developer at HonestBrew
- Infrastructure Engineer at Geckoboard
- Multilingual Account Manager at Freelancer.com
- Back-end Developer at HonestBrew
- Product Manager at Zero Deposit
- Back-end developer at Browser
- Front-end mobile software engineer at District Technologies Ltd
- Backend (Golang) Developer at Geckoboard
- Front-End Developer at Stylindex