Us: a cool AI startup backed by Entrepreneur First and other leading investors, on a mission to invent the future of knowledge work.
We’re building a new kind of search engine. One that can answer complex questions by actually understanding you, rather than just indexing documents.
We're currently closing our seed round and looking to make our first few hires to join the founding team. This is a crucial role in shaping the early product, as well as wider company strategy and culture for the years ahead.
Join us and come build something radically new!
You’re a product-minded engineer, a well-rounded generalist equally at home deploying serious enterprise projects, hacking things together for side projects, or talking to clients and dissecting progress.
You’re inquisitive, self-motivated, and excited by the prospect of working with ground-breaking technology. You love a challenge and teaching yourself new skills on the fly. You want to make a massive impact as one of the key first hires at an early-stage company.
You enjoy thinking strategically and future-gazing, but you’re also practical and not above getting stuck in to help the team.
About the role
Your challenge: leverage the transformative power of AI and our knowledge graph to deliver a beautiful and intuitive experience for enterprise end-users. Working directly with the founders, you will own and help build the early product, then scale and assemble a star team around it.
Initially, you’ll be working on:
- Delivering complex enterprise implementations with our early clients such as the Big 4 accounting firms and large banks
- Supporting customers as they learn and use our software, being their first point of contact, and primary troubleshooter
- Scaling up our services by identifying bottlenecks and implementing solutions to automate them
- Understanding new customer requirements and turn them into code
- Building new front-end integrations / environments and complex data visualizations
- Developing the wider product roadmap and lead prioritization of new features
As we scale, there will be scope to recruit and lead a full technical team, growing into a Head of Product or VP Eng role.
Things you’ll need:
- 2y+ of engineering experience of both client-side and server-side development
- An understanding of deploying software in large enterprise environments
- Experience with Python
- Experience with front-end/web development and a keen eye for UX and design
- The ability to work well with customers, understand what they really need, and help deliver it
Bonus points for experience with any of the following:
- Financial services, enterprise SaaS, and/or startups
- React and visualization libraries e.g. Rx.js, D3.js, Chart.js
- Cloud platforms (AWS, Google Cloud)
- Graph databases (we use Neo4j)
- Conversational interfaces / Slack or Symphony integrations
- Machine learning / deep learning packages
- Financial modelling / accounting (Excel, VBA, etc.)
- Computer science degree (or related subject such as engineering or mathematics)
About the company
Our founders met through deep-tech incubator Entrepreneur First, and have a mix of in-depth industry experience and deep technical expertise.
We’re tackling some ambitious, complex, deep-tech problems at the core of modern work. We aim to redefine human-computer interaction and set the standard in intelligence augmentation.
You’ll get to work with some of the most innovative technologies out there (supported by in-house research in conjunction with university labs), including:
- Knowledge based systems
- Graph databases
- Cognitive computing
- Natural language processing
- Machine / deep learning
As a core member of the early team, you will be heavily involved in crafting and developing our culture.
‘Ask more questions’ is our tagline. It is at the heart of our product (we enable our users to ask more questions, and also think of the right questions to ask) and at the heart of our company too. It is at the root of many other well-known principles that we support - from first-principle thinking to ‘strong opinions, weakly held’.
Our other, related founding axiom is ‘look for the desire paths’. We look for the shortcuts, the ways to do things better. Unconstrained by existing preconceptions, we have a healthy disregard for rules, and we don’t hesitate to question and circumvent them if it leads to better outcomes.
More like this
- Experienced Software Developer at Dexda
- Web Developer at Flash Pack
- Operations Associate at Lyvly
- React Developer at Rotageek
- Senior Product Manager at Rotageek
- Community Manager at Trussle
- Back End Developer at TVF Media
- Film - Systems Software Developer at Framestore
- Test Engineer at QuantSpark Ltd