Taptap Send is VC-backed (including by Reid Hoffman), rapidly growing and a great place for those looking for both impact and a fast-paced tech startup environment. Read more about the journey in Reid Hoffman’s words.
Our product is an app-based solution that lets immigrants send money back home to emerging markets instantly and at very low prices. Since launching in summer 2018, we’ve already moved tens of millions of dollars and reached tens of thousands of customers. We’re live in seven European countries, and we support payments into Senegal, Mali, Zambia, Guinea, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Cameroon, Kenya, Madagascar, DR Congo, and Bangladesh; with lots more countries launching soon.
Global remittances account for over $500 billion annually, most of which moves back into developing countries. But the market is dominated by traditional services that are expensive, can take days to arrive, and have limited reach in rural areas. We're helping people to send that money instantly and securely at a fraction of the cost.
In addition to Reid Hoffman, we are backed by Canaan, Flourish Ventures, Helios and others. Our team is based across London, New York, Paris and Brussels and we pride ourselves on hiring exceptional talent -- our team members come from a wide variety of top-tier tech companies, professional services firms, and industry leaders, including Twitter, Yahoo, Amazon, Google, McKinsey, Bain & Co, KPMG, Cravath, and Vodafone.
To continue our rapid growth, we're looking to bring on people who are passionate about our mission and excited to work in a small start-up environment. We have competitive salary and stock options and great benefits, and we were recently rated one of the best companies to escape to by Escape the City's "Escape 100".Taptap Values
Accept reality, propose solutions.
Win with grit.
Be proactively candid, with yourself and others.
Love the particular.
Create positive energy. Maybe, even have fun.The Role
You will be Taptap Send’s second product manager, with responsibility for the full-stack of product from product strategy (i.e., identify primary ideas for product improvement) to design (i.e., creating initial mocks; writing technical specs) and implementation (i.e., cross-functional project management and execution). You’ll take product features from conception to implementation, going from zero to one in this role. In other words, your role will be central to translating our customer needs into a product roadmap, and then working with engineering to execute against it.
An ideal candidate will want to spend extensive time with our customers and be as fluent in user interviews and UX as analytics and SQL. They will have a deep understanding of product management for consumer products, experience with immigrant communities, a passion for social change, and an ability to lead multiple stakeholders to execute against the plan (fluent French is also strongly preferred). Perhaps most centrally, they will have an ability to think holistically, quickly identify problems, simplify and find practical solutions.Responsibilities
- Identify opportunities for product improvement through analytics and customer interviews
- Define plan for such improvement, including timing and resource requirements
- Design initial product mocks based on customer research
- Write technical specs to improve efficiency of the build
- Coordinate across engineering, operations, compliance, etc. to execute efficiently
- Implement systems for iterative development with regular consumer feedback
- 5 years’ experience working in consumer product for a top tier company
- Experience with immigrant communities and empathy for our customers
- Outstanding project management skills, including end-to-end problem ownership
- Strong UX design instincts
- Fluency in French (strongly preferred) w/ additional languages values
- Experience with SQL and/or Mixpanel
- Experience with Figma or other prototyping tools a plus
- Background or degree in a technical field a plus
- Fintech experience a plus
Competitive salary (based on experience)
25 days, public holidays + Pipio day!
Employer pension contributions
Regular team events
Professional development opportunities (e.g. language lessons, trainings, etc.)
Taptap equipment (laptop, accessories)
Work from home desk stipend
Private health insurance
Behavioral health benefits
Apply for this job or share it
More like this
- Full Stack Developer at Landscape
- Senior full stack developer at PetsApp
- Backend engineer at Everpress
- Sales Development Representative at Marvel App
- Full Stack Developer at Twine
- Business development / Operations / Co-founder at Vove
- Branding / Marketing / DTC / Co-founder / CMO at Vove
- Technical Co-founder / lead developer / CTO at Vove
- Head of People and Operations at Fanbytes
- VP Product at Lantum