ProntoPro is Italy's leading service marketplace. We help millions of people to find local service professionals: anything from a wedding photographer to a plumber to a guitar teacher. We are bringing transparency and meritocracy to a world that is completely opaque, transforming the way people buy services.
We are a rapidly growing startup: in March 2015 we were just 2 people, now we are over 100 people between our two offices in Milan and Vienna. Average age is 29, we work in an open space and we minimize bureaucracy as much as possible (it's counterproductive!). Everyone is treated like an adult, has large responsibilities and direct impact on the business.
Our investors include Immobiliare.it as well as high-profile angels who work at Google, Facebook, eBay, McKinsey and Unicredit. In 2018 we started internationalizing by launching in Austria and Switzerland - and we just got started!
We are looking for people who want to build a unicorn that will strongly impact the lives of millions. This is not a relaxed job.
ProntoPro has an exceptionally ambitious goal. Achieving that goal requires significant Product evolution: despite our incredible growth, we feel we don't have total product-market fit yet. And there it is: your personal goal will be achieving real product-market fit. We could end the Job Description right here, but let's go a bit deeper in what we expect from you:
- You will lead a Product Team of roughly 10 people: consisting of developers, designers, QA analysts and data scientists. Read that again: lead them towards our objectives
- You will own a large chunk of our Product (there are 3 Product Teams, and you will lead one of them).
- You will decide which features we develop, write mission statements for these features,define and document User Stories, and align your team behind an objective.
- You will impact our North Star metric. This means:
- Prioritize ruthlessly. No, you're not "collecting requirements" from the rest of the business: you're driving our Product towards real product-market fit! You decide what matters, you decide which fires to leave burning.
- Bring impact.Our purpose is changing the world, not developing software: you will be measured on Business KPIs, not on "delivery speed", "bugs" or such metrics (this doesn't mean, of course, that they're not relevant!)
- Bring disruptive impact. we don't expect you to bring 10% improvement through AB-tests - we expect 10x improvement. This means you must really understand which problems must be solved, and finding creative solutions.
- Simplify. 50% of impact come from execution speed. You will simplify features, find shortcuts and overall greatly increase our iteration speed by reducing the amount of code we have to write.
- You are expected to improve the Product Process, rather than just follow it. Process should help productivity, but sometimes it doesn't. For this reason, we hold Product Process Retrospectives every month: you are expected to bring real value.
- Don't forget we are a startup, so go back to the first sentence: your personal goal will be to ensure that ProntoPro achieves product-market fit, and building it into a Unicorn in the process. There are dozens of other things that you may end up doing to help us achieve our goal!
- You worked as a Product Owner or Tech Leader on a high-traffic consumer product.
- You led a "scrum team" (or whatever you called: a team including developers, designers, analysts). Just to be clear:
- Coordinating with the account manager of an external web development agency does not count
- Leading a team of 2 people does not count
- Strong analytical reasoning: we find it hard to work with non-analytical people. We are also aware that this bullet point is useless, as very few people consider themselves "weak analytical reasoners"... :-)
- Learning mindset: you are probably not fit to run a unicorn (neither are we). Therefore, if you're not in constant learning mode, you will stop being effective after 1-2 years.
- Proficiency in English: not sure if we mentioned this already, but we're going international, and are starting to hire people from all over!
More like this
- Full Stack Developer at Reelables
- HR Officer at Wave
- Frontend or Backend Developers at Pirate Studios
- Software Developer at Karakuri Ltd
- Sales Director at Sweatcoin
- Engineering Manager at Farewill
- Junior Entrepreneur at Sweatcoin
- Technical Content Producer at Code Kingdoms
- Product Lead with UX design background at Sweatcoin
- Junior Entrepreneur with German at Sweatcoin