Who we are
Flex is a company on a mission to make at-home bodyweight exercise as exciting as boutique studio classes. We combine wearables with live video workouts to deliver a fun, immersive, gamified fitness experience that quickly becomes addictive. Find out more about us on our website (www.sweatflex.com).
Originally from London, we've joined Techstars Boulder for their 3 month mentorship-driven accelerator programme and we're looking for a designer to join us on this journey - potentially leading to a permanent position.
What you will be working on
As game-changing learnings and decisions are made on a regular basis, this role will see you adapt to whatever we discover are the critical path of activities necessary to take us to the next milestone.
You will predominantly be focused on the product design of our suite of technology products:
- Web app - The app that can be seen at app.sweatflex.com
- Mobile app - Our iOS & Android mobile apps
- Internet TV apps - Our Apple TV, Android TV, Amazon Fire Stick, Roku and embedded TV apps
- Promo website - The promotional website and landing pages that can be seen at www.sweatflex.com
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Work closely with the founding team in defining, designing and iterating on product features
- Invest in design standards, documentation, and processes alongside the team to further our design practice
- Shape product strategy and vision together with the founding team
- Use the latest market-leading design tools: Sketch, InVision, Marvel, Zeplin & Abstract
- Work in the way that works for you and what you're designing, whether that's spending time sketching or jumping straight into pixels and code
What you should bring
We value intellectual humility, an eagerness to learn, and the ability to move quickly while being pragmatic about your decisions. But above all else, we're looking for unique personalities with varied backgrounds that add something new to our team.
This role is for you if you:
- Are excited at the prospect of constantly adapting to work on whatever moves the dial for the company
- Are a keen problem solver - you enjoy thinking through complex product challenges and care about solving the right problem
- Have a well trained eye for great visual design execution. You care about getting things right - one pixel off is a big deal
- Take a strategic view to everything you do - your work stands the test of time
- Are fantastic at communicating your thinking and design decisions - you’re able to get people along on the journey with you
- Are well versed at working with disciplines in your work to achieve the best outcome, such as user research, content and engineering
- Have a number of years' experience in an individual contributor role on a product design team
- Have an appetite for healthy living
- Have a good sense of humour!
𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘥𝘰𝘯’𝘵 𝘯𝘦𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘢 𝘥𝘦𝘨𝘳𝘦𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘭𝘺. 𝘞𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘴 𝘪𝘴 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘬 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘥𝘰.
What you can expect
We try to encourage an informal, passionate and respectful culture where you are given the trust and autonomy to do what you think is right for the company. We’re also deeply committed to continuous improvement as a team and company, so everyone’s input and contribution to making the team better is hugely valued. But most of all, we are creating an energetic and entrepreneurial working environment - no two days will ever feel the same.
Beyond that, we offer:
- Access to the network and events of one of the most established, successful, forward-thinking technology accelerators in the world - Techstars
- Entirely flexible working hours (and even days)
- Fitness perks
- A startup book club
𝘞𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘦𝘷𝘦 𝘢 𝘨𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘬𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘳𝘦𝘱𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘭𝘥 𝘸𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘷𝘦 𝘪𝘯 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘩𝘰𝘸 𝘣𝘦𝘢𝘶𝘵𝘪𝘧𝘶𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘥𝘪𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘦 𝘪𝘵 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘣𝘦. 𝘛𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘮𝘦𝘢𝘯𝘴 𝘸𝘦 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘯𝘰 𝘫𝘶𝘥𝘨𝘦𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘪𝘵 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘴 𝘵𝘰 𝘢𝘯𝘺 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘮𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘩𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘳𝘦 - 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘨𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘳, 𝘳𝘢𝘤𝘦, 𝘴𝘦𝘹𝘶𝘢𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘺, 𝘳𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘨𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘰𝘳 𝘢 (𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘴𝘰) 𝘴𝘦𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘵 𝘢𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘶𝘳𝘱𝘦𝘦𝘴. 𝘈𝘭𝘭 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘯𝘦𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘴 𝘢 𝘱𝘢𝘴𝘴𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘩𝘦𝘭𝘱𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘭𝘥 𝘨𝘦𝘵 𝘢 𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘵𝘭𝘦 𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘢𝘤𝘵𝘪𝘷𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘢 𝘥𝘦𝘴𝘪𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦 𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘢 𝘣𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘯𝘦𝘸 𝘶𝘱-𝘢𝘯𝘥-𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘦𝘤𝘩𝘯𝘰𝘭𝘰𝘨𝘺 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘶𝘱.
What to expect from the hiring process
Step 1: Once you apply, the CEO may reach out to you for an initial call.
Step 2: If your application progresses, you may be scheduled to have 1-2 phone interviews.
Step 3: If you continue to the next stage, you will be set up for an on-site interview.
Salary range £35,000 — 35,000
Apply for this job or share it
More like this
- Online Marketing Intern at ObjectBox
- Senior C++ developer at ObjectBox Ltd
- UX/UI Designer at The Richmond Group
- Back-end developer (Node.js) at Reposit
- Operations Manager at ObjectBox
- Diaspora Community Outreach Team at Wave
- Awesome UX and UI Designer at Baby2Body
- Member Manager at Beam
- Senior Sales Representative at TestingTime
- Front-end Engineer at Top10VPN