Here’s the situ...
Dark Blue has been growing steadily over the past couple of years. We’re still a small team, made up solely of designers and developers. Between us we wear many hats, spending as much time on operational duties than pushing pixels and writing lines of code. As we grow, we’re winning bigger clients, taking on bigger projects and now need to focus more on the design and development of projects.
As a result, we need someone super organised, efficient and driven to run the operational side of the business. Someone who’ll manage projects, look after clients, schedule work for the design and tech teams and generally steer the ship in the best direction. We’d love this person to also be involved in the pitch process, write proposals and collaborate on creative marketing projects along the way.
Who we’re looking for...
We’re looking for a highly efficient to-do list addict. Someone who keeps their holiday plans on a Trello board and spends their weekends managing a spreadsheet of meals for the week ahead. As our project / operations manager, we need someone with...
- Experience managing complex website and web application projects
- Experience managing client relationships
- Experience in organising teams and schedules across multiple projects
- Experience running stand-ups in an agile environment
- 3 years minimum digital agency or tech company experience
- High literacy skills, comfortable writing proposals and case studies
- A hunger to learn, develop new skills and work flexibly across multiple parts of the business
What you’ll be working on...
We work with a variety of clients, designing and building websites, web apps, native mobile apps and marketing campaigns. We have awesome clients such as Virgin, Mindshare and Secret Escapes plus a select list of exciting start-ups and SMEs across education, travel, fin-tech and hospitality. This role is broad and covers much of the operational day-to-day running of Dark Blue. On any typical day, you’ll be…
- Running stand-ups and scheduling workload across the design and tech team
- Managing projects, keeping track on time and progress while feeding back to clients
- Responding to client requests
- Meeting with clients throughout the various stages of a project
- Planning new projects from a strategic, customer experience and technological standpoint
- Helping test websites and applications before sending to clients
- Collaborating on proposals and pitches for new business
- Writing case studies and general marketing activities
What you’ll be joining...
Dark Blue a small digital design agency based in Shoreditch London. Still very much a start-up, we’ve been running as for just 2 years now and the team is currently at 4 (2 designers and 2 developers), all seniors and all very good at what we do.
Life at Dark Blue is flexible and rewarding. We work from our studio on Charlotte Road in Shoreditch and love coming in each day to see our colleagues, learn from each other and make awesome stuff. We operate a flexible work from home policy, have excellent holiday benefits and generally try to mould our work life around our life life, not vice versa.
This is an amazing opportunity to join a talented company at the beginning of it’s journey. We want to bring in people who are committed, driven and excited to help shape the future of Dark Blue.
To apply for the role, please reply to this post with your CV and a covering letter.
We look forward to hearing from you
Salary range £30,000 — 40,000
Apply for this job or share it
More like this
- Full-stack Lead Developer at AssetVault at AssetVault
- Front-end Angular Developer at miPic
- Account Manager - B2B tech at Grammatik
- Full Stack Developer in the Swiss Alps at inside labs AG
- Lead Developer (Ruby on Rails) at ImpactEd
- Front-End Developer at Series Eight
- Full Stack Web Developer at myGiulia
- Senior Back-end Developer at miPic at miPic
- QA Tester at Rotageek
- Lead Multi-disciplined Software Engineer at ProxiGroup