Would you like to help deliver high-quality web and mobile apps that help transform some of the world’s largest organisations?
At Steer73 we improve the performance of businesses and the lives of their people & customers, with technology.
We might build a best-in-class mobile app so that our client can compete against 3rd party sellers, we might develop custom software to make warehouses run 5X more efficiently for a global logistics firm, or we might open up an entirely new sales channel for a 200-year-old company.
The common theme? Our projects deliver real commercial impact.
Who are Steer73?
We're a full-service digital transformation agency. We build technology for some of the world's largest organisations and fastest-growing SME's.
Our projects broadly fall into the categories of mobile & web apps, custom software development, websites & eCommerce, data warehousing, and analytics.
We doubled in size over the last year, and you would join a fast-growing team of world-class developers, designers, product specialists, and delivery experts.
We hire people based on their skill, not their geographic location, and run a fully remote team operating across 7 countries.
The Junior QA associate role
- We are in the fortunate position of taking on new projects at a rapid pace. As such we are on the search for someone to join our team and help us deliver these projects.
- In the QA associate role, you will work alongside other QA team members, amongst the development and product teams.
- You’ll be joining a team with a strong culture of support and knowledge-sharing, with plenty of opportunities to share your skills and experience and learn from others. You’ll work with the CTO and have direct contact with a wide range of stakeholders.
- As a fast-growing agency, it's all-hands-on-deck. In addition to core QA work, across multiple projects, an average day could include project scrums, QA strategy discussions, sprint planning, and estimation sessions. Typical work could include adding new features to existing products, delivering integrations with useful services, or tracking down an interesting issue.
- Joining an established but small team, you’ll enjoy an informal, friendly, and open culture that encourages everyone to contribute to our shared and mutual success.
As a small team, this role does not include line management responsibilities at this time.
We are looking for a full-time QA associate. You will be working alongside our dedicated development and product teams. You’ll mainly work in a project team consisting of developers, a product manager, and a UI/UX designer, under the guidance of a technical architect and product director.
This is a permanent role and we’re looking for someone who’s comfortable working office hours.
- Running test suites across web, mobile, and backend environments.
- Reporting defects clearly and concisely.
- Developing high-quality test suites based on requirements defined in collaboration with our product and dev teams.
- Using modern tools (we use Azure Devops) to track test suites, cases, and results.
- Working with the product team to ensure requirements and acceptance criteria are clear and comprehensive.
- Working with the dev team to identify bespoke test capabilities that need to be built into our projects.
- Producing summary reporting for a variety of stakeholders including test plans and outcomes.
- Improving QA processes and identifying opportunities to increase output and solve new challenges.
- Maintaining standards documentation to help accelerate our work.
- Using test automation tools to balance in-depth exploratory testing with highly repeatable testing.
- Developing bug prevention strategies with the development team including expanding the use of automated testing, test-driven development, and continuous integration.
- Responding to customer incidents and resolving service-affecting issues.
- Competitive salary.
- Scheduled, regular promotion & pay-rise reviews.
- Structured career-development planning.
- All the tools you need to thrive in your position, including the latest tech.
- Fully remote role at a remote-first organisation. We know how to make remote work 'work'.
- Flexible work policy, we ensure you have what you need to strike a positive work/life balance.
- Work alongside and learn from experts in their field.
- Location-agnostic. Career progression at Steer73 is based on merit, not geographic location.
- Gain cross-sector experience through working with multiple products.
- Join a culturally diverse and inclusive team.
- Become an expert in Microsoft Stack Tech such as .NET core, ASP.NET, Microsoft Azure Cloud services, etc.
- Join an organisation devoted to continuous improvement in everything we do.
More like this
- Front-end developer at Anyone
- Product Designer at Magnetic Rock
- UX / UI Designer at Series Eight
- Senior Software Engineer at NearSt
- Product Design Lead with UX background at Flow Bio
- Back-end developer at EQUITY X LTD.
- Data Analyst Teacher (fully remote) at Boolean
- Senior Backend Devloper at Alvius
- Enterprise Sales Manager at Sideways 6