About the company
Welcome! We’re a machine learning company with a mission to open source the law.
Genie AI uses technology to make legal services accessible to all companies. We’ve built Genie Docs, an AI and NLP driven platform that enables the creation of legal documents using the collective intelligence of thousands of past clauses. Changing the business of law from billable hours to self-serve documents, we save our users hours of time and thousands of pounds in fees.
Genie AI is backed by world leading experts such as Lord Neuberger (former President of the Supreme Court), Adam Ziegler (the Head of Harvard Law School's Library Innovation Lab), Charlie Songhurst (former Head of Strategy at Microsoft), Khosla Ventures (founded by Vinod Khosla, co-founder of Sun Microsystems, the inventors of Java) and other investors with serious pedigree. We're poised for rapid expansion, and we want you to be our next Genie. Come and shake up the £100bn global industry with us!
About the role
This is an exciting role that allows the successful candidate to focus upon automation testing for around 80% of the time and spend 20% skilling up in web development. Responsibilities include:-
- Creating and managing the Genie AI test plan.
- Creating detailed and accessible test reports.
- Designing and delivering smoke and regression tests.
- Contributing to our BDD scenario.
- Certifying and signing off on release candidates.
- You are a mid level QA Automation Engineer with 3-4 years of experience.
- You have experience with Cypress/Postman.
- You have solid technical and software building understanding, ideally from working in an agile environment.
- You are well versed in Rest API and have good database knowledge (MongoDB).
- You are organised and documentation driven.
- You are a great communicator, able to integrate well with a small, scaling team.
- Extra points for SaaS experience!
About the team
Genie AI was created at Entrepreneur First in November 2017. We're now a team of 14 incredibly talented and fun Genies from 7 countries split across Business and Technology. We’re currently working as a fully remote community, and will be working from the office 2 days a week after lockdown. Our office is based in Shoreditch, London, with lots of great places to eat and drink nearby.
What do Genies get?
- Substantial equipment budget for you to set up working environment, including a top of the range laptop.
- Unlimited holiday.
- Fully flexible working.
- Generous share options - we want everyone to share our success!
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Regular meditation and wellbeing sessions.
- Optional payroll/pre-tax charity giving.
- Unlimited budget for business, law or technology books.
- Regular team lunches and dinners after lockdown (and plenty of social activity in the meantime!).
- The opportunity to join a bright, fast growing startup at grassroots level and genuinely make a difference.
At Genie, we’re passionate about what we do, and we're committed to creating a diverse environment. Whilst we’re on the cutting edge of innovation, it’s all about the people. We embrace differences and hire based on merit, giving equal consideration to all applications, regardless of gender, background or race.
Salary range £35,000 — 65,000
Salary dependant upon experience, additional share options and benefits!
More like this
- API Intergrations Specialist at Hurree
- Senior Backend Developer (Node.js) at Caravelo
- Full Stack Developer at Landscape
- Project Manager Marketing - Growth Hacking at 7pace
- Senior full stack developer at PetsApp
- Backend engineer at Everpress
- Head of Marketing & Communications at CitizenLab
- Lead Architect at CitizenLab
- Head of Product at Grapevine
- Customer Happiness Engineer at Allegrow