Welcome to Geckoboard! As our second QA Tester you will use your testing skills, while working closely with our Engineers, Designers and Product Managers to help us deliver great quality software to new and existing customers.
Right now you might be in a similar role, or wanting to work in the QA field. What is key for us is that you work regularly with testing web applications, have the ability to query a database and update rows for testing purposes, and have an understanding and experience with HTTP API testing.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
As our QA Tester you will be someone who:
- Works closely with Product Managers to define user stories and acceptance criteria
- Carries out regression and exploratory testing to identify any new bugs and deficiencies before pull requests are merged and shipped
- Works closely with customer success to help resolve issues and understand customer requirements
Your duties will include:
- Partaking in pre-planning and planning sessions
- Testing product refinements and new features
- Developing and maintaining test charters and helping continually improve automation coverage
- Suggesting and introducing new tools and test processes that fit Geckoboard
- Our acceptance test framework is built upon RSpec and Capybara and is ran by Buildkite
- Our developers write unit and integration tests as part of their regular work
- All development work happens on a Vagrant virtual machine that are automatically setup to replicate our production and staging environments.
Thousands of businesses use Geckoboard to build live TV Dashboards that focus teams on what matters. We take the complexity out of connecting data and make it simple for anyone to understand key metrics at a glance. Some of our customers include Airbnb, Slack and Skyscanner.
The role is based in our London office and shortlisted candidates will be asked to complete an exercise as part of the interview process.
LIFE AT GECKOBOARD
We’re constantly striving to ensure that we offer the most encouraging, inclusive, and efficient environment possible.
We don't just pay lip service to work-life balance, we actively and strongly encourage it. Flexible working hours and the ability to regularly work from home lets you work in a way that fits you and your family. We see our contractual obligation to offer 25 days of paid holiday as a minimum for everyone in the organisation, not a limit.
We actively contribute to professional development, courses, conferences, and books. We also run fortnightly "Innovation Wednesdays", where everyone has complete freedom to work on anything that interests them, from contributing to open source, to learning a new skill, or improving our internal tools and processes.
And, don’t take our word for it, see what the team say about the projects they work on: https://medium.com/geckoboard-under-the-hood and their experience of working with us on Glassdoor: https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Reviews/Geckoboard-Reviews-E878996.htm. You can also read more about our values and benefits on our Careers page at https://www.geckoboard.com/careers/.
Salary range £40,000 — 50,000
More like this
- Customer Service Assistant at Beryl
- Digital Agency Project Coordinator at Hallway Studios
- Senior Web Engineer at Well Digital
- UX/UI Designer at SuperCarers
- Front-end Developer at ProdPad
- Front End Developer at Butternut Box
- CEO, Co-founder at Convaio
- Senior Product Designer at Made by Many
- Cloud Infrastructure Engineer at Trussle
- Success Coach at Expensify