Location: London or Melbourne
Why you should join us
We’ve built up a team of outstanding and passionate people, and we work hard to keep them. Of course there’s plenty of flexibility and lots of opportunities to grow, but we also have share options, private health insurance, and unlimited leave (with a minimum of 5.6 weeks per year - just so everyone actually takes time off). Our CEO is (really) devoted to making Rotageek the best place to work, and so while we work really, really hard, we definitely play hard, too. And we have nice snacks, good beer, amazing team events and a roof terrace.
A few years ago, Rotageek was a small side project; our CEO, an A&E doctor, wanted to improve scheduling in his hospital department. Today, we’re a software company leading the way in reinventing how employees are scheduled.
We’re helping some of the largest UK organisations move from paper and excel based rotas to intelligent and interactive schedules. In doing so, we’re helping employees gain more ownership over their hours - improving their work-life balance - whilst making sure that businesses improve how they run their operations. We use intelligent technology to make sure the right staff are in the right place at the right time, whilst making the process of creating, communicating and modifying a rota as easy as possible.
What we expect from our developers
- You have outstanding software development skills. You write clean, maintainable and technically sound code.
- As part of the development team, you’re responsible for the scalability, security and performance of the platform. This responsibility underlines all of your work and it plays on repeat in your head whilst you code away.
- You really want to build something new. You’re confident in suggesting new and brave ideas, technologies and ways of working.
- You’re super eager, want to learn new technologies and get knee-deep in all areas of the code: front-end, back-end, mobile apps.
- You’re happy to communicate clearly with both techy people as well as the wider business. Meaning you can explain things and not sound like you’re talking about quantum gravity.
- You’re cool with documenting complex processes where needed. We try really hard to keep this to a minimum, but when it must be done it must be done and that’s that.
As the ideal candidate, you have...
- A thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles
- Experience with popular React.js workflows (such as Redux)
- Experience with TypeScript
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs
- Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools
- Experience with tools like Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Familiarity with code versioning tools in Git (Bitbucket)
- Experience with mobile app development using React Native (advantageous but not essential)
If you think this sounds like something you'd enjoy and excel at, we would love to hear from you!
To apply, please send us your CV and a short paragraph explaining why you think you’d make a great React Developer.
We look forward to hearing from you!
(We’re not looking to work with recruiters for this job posting so please only contact us if you’re a candidate wishing to apply - thank you!)
Apply for this job or share it
More like this
- Content Growth Hacker at CharlieHR
- Senior Product Manager at Rotageek
- Communications and Content Marketing at Lyvly
- Talent & Culture Partner at Create + Adapt ltd
- Customer Success Manager at Sideways 6
- Operations-focused client manager at Hozah
- Co-Founder/Partner at Integrated Digital Growth Agency
- Customer Support Associate at OurPath
- Product Designer at Nested
- Product Designer at Nested