React Web Developer / Software Engineer (competitive salary with generous stock options)
Expend is a London-based FinTech company. We simplify the annoying company expenses process with a smart payment solution, built using cutting-edge technology with a side of creativity. We’re ambitious and we've set ourselves multiple targets and objectives, but our primary challenge is to revolutionise business expenses. Expend saves time, hassle and money, giving companies a new level of expense automation and efficient control over budgets and employee spending.
We are working within a huge sector mainly dominated by big companies using outdated approaches. It is in massive need of change and we aim to revolutionise the industry. We provide mobile app, online, card and payment products as part of an intuitive solution with unique functionality. We integrate and form partnerships with numerous financial and service companies, many of which you will know.
We are looking for talented developers with web development skills to join our team in the heart of Shoreditch, London. You will be using your knowledge to help build the Expend product, working across various disciplines, including security, accountancy and financial systems.
The role encompasses the following:
Build and improve our online presence and products. You will be working on the Web Portal and User and Admin Dashboard parts of Expend
You will work within a talented and experienced team across various platforms
Other suitable work dependant on skills
The "Ideal" Candidate
- Experience with building web applications utilising React.js
- Knowledge of various programming languages across different platforms (including Python)
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience
Knowledge of databases (PostgreSQL, DynamoDB)
Knowledge of REST APIs and Microservices
Punctuality and strong communication skills
Self awareness and a desire to improve your skills
Proficiency in English with the right to work in the UK
And most importantly: a passion for creating products that people love to use!
Experience with Docker, Amazon Web Services, and Git
Helpful but not essential: React Native, iOS programming using Swift, Django
This is an opportunity to be part of a talented and ambitious team, offering both a fulfilling role and potential for strong rewards as the company grows.We're a friendly company, and we aim to create enjoyable work environment with work that is challenging but rewarding.If you think you would be a valuable addition to our team and wish to explore this opportunity, we look forward to hearing from you. Please send your CV and covering letter.
The Expend Team
PS: visit us at our website www.expend.io
More like this
- React Developer w/stock options (London FinTech) at Expend Ltd
- Front End Developer at Shepper
- Full Stack Developer at Subsec
- Lead Full Stack Developer - Web/ IOT at Archangel Imaging
- Success Coach at Expensify
- Senior DevOps Engineer at Spektrix
- Business Development Manager - HR Tech Startup at Altroo
- Software Engineer | Full Stack (Lead) at Scape Technologies
- Enterprise Professional Services Lead at re:infer