About Cambridge Cancer Genomics (CCG):
We are a leading precision medicine start-up, creating intelligent software to enable oncologists to monitor response to cancer therapy in near real-time. Our team uses applied bioinformatics, machine learning, genomics, and the experience of our associated oncologists and surgeons to bring low invasive ‘liquid biopsies’ to cancer clinics worldwide. We are deep in the stages of R&D with clinical partnerships in California, the UK and Singapore, where we are working to understand the clinical consequences of tumour evolution during treatment. We have completed two tranches of fundraising; first from a large Cancer Centre and the prestigious Y Combinator accelerator program and later by top UK and Silicon Valley investors, and are now focused on growing quickly.
People who join us range from academics at leading research labs at the Universities of Oxford and Cambridge (and others) to ambitious young developers and machine learning engineers. Joining CCG means joining an incredibly talented and motivated group of people that share our vision of pioneering an industry. Work at CCG is incredibly varied and we challenge ourselves daily. We work all over the world and often travel and socialize together. You’ll often find us chatting through interesting problems over a coffee or beer. We are looking for people who will fit into our diverse, supportive and stimulating company team culture, who like to overcome challenges and drive the company forwards.
Main duties and responsibilities:
You’ll be responsible for shaping CCG’s front-end development for the variety of products that will help clinicians monitor how their cancer patients are responding to treatment. Our services are scalable, so have the potential to be used by thousands. You will build, test and operate our product to meet our customers’ needs while ensuring that your code is well tested, reliable and readable. You’ll work closely with the entire CCG team to bring your vision of improving cancer care to life.
We'd like to work with someone who:
- Enjoys working and communicating effectively with other great developers
- Takes the initiative - we will expect you to take ownership of whatever you work on from initial direction
- Wants to grow with us - as we continue to grow, you'll be called on to take more responsibility, mentor others and lead teams
- Is willing to learn and open to criticism
- Has good understanding of web security
- We use lots of other stuff too, and if you're the right candidate, you'll enjoy picking up ant new tools or frameworks you don't already know
Useful experience (although, we are open-minded):
- Previous experience in a similar role designing iPhone/Android apps or mobile and desktop web (ideally in a start-up environment)
- Knowledge of UX/UI principles in mobile, tablet and web design
- Experience working on front-end of open source projects
Competitive salary depending on experience. Also includes equity and bonus-based remuneration.
Other benefits include:
- Working on world-changing technology with leaders in the field
- Dynamic, innovative, passionate, entrepreneurial team
- Inclusive company culture
- Flexible hours (outside of core hours)
- Additional employee benefits
As a team, we are committed to working together to positively impact the daily lives of cancer patients. We enjoy solving complex problems, thinking around corners and bouncing forwards through learning. Most of all we care about each other and the mission we're on together. We believe that a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or your secret aversion to cucumber water. Experience in cancer biology and biotechnology are not required – all you need is a passion and a desire to be part of our mission.
Preferred start date: ASAP
Duration: Permanent, 3-month summer internship or contractor
More like this
- Full stack developer at Dark Blue
- QA Engineer at ContentCal
- Full Stack Engineer at Verisart
- Sales and Partnership Manager at Thirdeye Labs
- Product Designer at Verisart
- UI/UX Designer at Social Vend
- UI/UX Lead at Microtest Ltd
- Product Manager at Microtest Ltd
- Head of Design, Marketing at Dataswift Ltd
- Technical Lead at Collagerie