We are looking for a cutting-edge Front-End Developer to join our London creative studio, building projects for all the major movie studios and primarily contributing to our Showtimes Platform.
We need someone who loves working on long-term, large-scale products, but also likes to dabble in experimental coding and prototyping. Experience working alongside other coders is a huge bonus and you should be able to follow direction and adapt to a team dynamic quickly.
What You’ll Work On:
You will be building out a variety of movie ticketing websites on our Showtimes Movie Platform. This platform enables us to build out dozens of movie websites each month, and we are constantly improving the diversity and creativity of these builds, as well as the actual product with which we build these sites.
Our platform gets 2.2 million visits a week and has 2 component parts, the all-movie destination (http://movies.powster.com) and the individual movie pages ex:(Star Wars, Ant-Man, The Martian, etc). This is a really exciting time to be joining the team as we are in the midst of launching a lot of new features and capabilities within our product and you will be able to contribute ideas to this product plan and help to build it out! You’ll be working on building out tons of exciting new movie websites, developing the showtimes platform further, and taking it to the next level for major movie studios internationally.
You'll also be working on a brand new product with the exciting ability to shape this from the beginning!
- Expert level CSS/Sass knowledge (animations, layouts, cross-browser)
- Experience with React or Preact
- Experience with Redux
- Experience with Webpack
- Experienced with Git/Github
- Mobile-first and responsive web development
- Familiarity with cross-browser and cross-device performance, issues and tricks
- Knowledge and desire to make the most performant front-end experiences
- Detail oriented when working from designs and detailed instructions
- Command line proficiency
- A strong approach to code quality (QA & Debugging)
- 3+ years professional work experience minimum
Nice to haves:
- Node.js experience
- Design skills
- UX experience
- Familiarity with AWS
- Experience with agile working environments
- Product Leadership
We are a creative agency based out of the London Fields area in Hackney, with a solid team of 15 people. Our team works towards two main streams of output:
- Our Showtimes Platform: which powers most of the major movie websites across the world boasting all the major movie studios as our clients.
- Our Creative Builds: which can range from projects making interactive music videos to projecting tweets on the houses of parliament.
We like to think that anything is possible when pitching, and if we haven’t done it before we’ll pull together, work it out and make it happen. This comes from having a drive to make the unseen! When bolstered by the very diverse and strong team we can adapt to anything thrown at it, from technical, interactive builds to large scale video productions.
If you haven’t already, please take a look at our site www.powster.com and our movie platform http://movies.powster.com
- Flexible Hours
- Flexible Holiday
- Movie Premiere Tickets
- Exclusive Movie Screenings
- Picturehouse Membership
- Drinks Fridge
- Private Cinema Room
- Bike Storage
- Office Shower
- Office Dogs
- Table Tennis
- Super friendly, fun and nerdy team
Salary dependent on experience.
This is an on-site role in London. No remote applications please.
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES.
More like this
- React Developer at Rotageek
- Digital marketing manager at Browser
- Back-end developer at Browser
- 😇 Member Manager at Beam
- 📰 Communications Manager at Beam
- Customer Success Manager at Rotageek Ltd
- Customer Success Sr. Manager (PM exp. required) at Aha!
- Backend Engineer | Ruby | Junior, Mid & Senior at Cleo AI Ltd
- Sales Manager / Business Development Manager at We Make Websites
- Infrastructure Engineer at re:infer