Who we are
Flex is a company on a mission to make at-home bodyweight exercise as exciting as boutique studio classes. We combine wearables with live video workouts to deliver a fun, immersive, gamified fitness experience that quickly becomes addictive. Find out more about us on our website (www.sweatflex.com).
Originally from London, we've joined Techstars Boulder for their 3 month mentorship-driven accelerator programme and we're looking for a product engineer to join us on this journey - potentially leading to a permanent position.
What you will be working on
As game-changing learnings and decisions are made on a regular basis, this role will see you adapt to whatever we discover are the critical path of activities necessary to take us to the next milestone. Your actions will shape the future of the company.
You will work on our suite of client applications:
- Mobile app - Our iOS & Android mobile apps
- Internet TV apps - Our Apple TV, Android TV, Amazon Fire Stick, Roku and embedded TV apps
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Work closely with the CTO to architect and implement product features
- Invest in tests, documentation, and processes alongside the team to further our engineering culture
- Shape product strategy and vision together with the founding team
What you should bring
We value intellectual humility, an eagerness to learn, and the ability to move quickly while being pragmatic about your decisions. But above all else, we're looking for unique personalities with varied backgrounds that add something new to our team.
Skills you need to have (or learn quickly):
- Experience building React Native apps, or React apps in general
- Familiarity with Jest or other testing tools
- Understanding of GraphQL and Apollo/Relay libraries
- Understanding of React component lifecycle and state management
- Previous iOS or Android development experience is a plus
- Open source contributions are especially appreciated
This role is for you if you:
- Are excited at the prospect of constantly adapting to work on whatever moves the dial for the company
- Are a keen problem solver. You enjoy thinking through complex engineering challenges and care about solving the right problem
- Thrive in a high pace, fast learning environment
- Care about good software architecture, component abstractions and best code practices
- Are fantastic at communicating your thinking and design decisions
- Have a number of years' experience in an individual contributor role on a software engineering team
- Have an appetite for healthy living
- Have a good sense of humour!
𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘥𝘰𝘯’𝘵 𝘯𝘦𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘢 𝘥𝘦𝘨𝘳𝘦𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘭𝘺. 𝘞𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘴 𝘪𝘴 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘬 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘥𝘰.
What you can expect
We try to encourage an informal, passionate and respectful culture where you are given the trust and autonomy to do what you think is right for the company. We’re also deeply committed to continuous improvement as a team and company, so everyone’s input and contribution to making the team better is hugely valued. But most of all, we are creating an energetic and entrepreneurial working environment - no two days will ever feel the same.
Beyond that, we offer:
- Access to the network and events of one of the most established, successful, forward-thinking technology accelerators in the world - Techstars
- Entirely flexible working hours (and even days)
- Fitness perks
- A startup book club
𝘞𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘦𝘷𝘦 𝘢 𝘨𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘬𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘳𝘦𝘱𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘭𝘥 𝘸𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘷𝘦 𝘪𝘯 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘩𝘰𝘸 𝘣𝘦𝘢𝘶𝘵𝘪𝘧𝘶𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘥𝘪𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘦 𝘪𝘵 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘣𝘦. 𝘛𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘮𝘦𝘢𝘯𝘴 𝘸𝘦 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘯𝘰 𝘫𝘶𝘥𝘨𝘦𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘪𝘵 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘴 𝘵𝘰 𝘢𝘯𝘺 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘮𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘩𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘳𝘦 - 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘨𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘳, 𝘳𝘢𝘤𝘦, 𝘴𝘦𝘹𝘶𝘢𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘺, 𝘳𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘨𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘰𝘳 𝘢 (𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘴𝘰) 𝘴𝘦𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘵 𝘢𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘶𝘳𝘱𝘦𝘦𝘴. 𝘈𝘭𝘭 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘯𝘦𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘴 𝘢 𝘱𝘢𝘴𝘴𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘩𝘦𝘭𝘱𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘭𝘥 𝘨𝘦𝘵 𝘢 𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘵𝘭𝘦 𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘢𝘤𝘵𝘪𝘷𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘢 𝘥𝘦𝘴𝘪𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦 𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘢 𝘣𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘯𝘦𝘸 𝘶𝘱-𝘢𝘯𝘥-𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘦𝘤𝘩𝘯𝘰𝘭𝘰𝘨𝘺 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘶𝘱.
To apply, email your resume to [email protected]
What to expect from the hiring process
Step 1: Once you apply, the CEO may reach out to you for an initial call.
Step 2: If your application progresses, you will be set up for an on-site interview with the CTO.
Step 3: You may be required to complete a coding challenge.