About the role
We're looking for you to join our team as a React Native developer supporting the CTO directly on the React Native apps we make for car owners, as well as the React dashboards and admin panels we provide to energy companies, car companies and charge point manufacturers that we work with. You'll be joining a group of 8 passionate engineers, designers and strategists (even our CEO writes code!) mostly based in London at IDEA London (on Wilson Street near Old Street station).
You will be responsible for taking new features and bug fixes from specification all the way through to delivery in the app store, listening to customer feedback and collaborating with other technical and design team members create delightful user experiences. As part of an agile product team, you'd be mucking in to the ideation, specification and prioritisation of the startup product development.
In the coming 3-6 months our key objectives are:
- Internationalisation and localisation of our app for different currencies
- Introducing automated end-to-end testing (probably with Detox)
- Enabling support for multiple EVs
- Adding 'charging on the go' so our customers never run out of power
Tech at ev.energy
Our platform is mostly Django backed by a Postgres database. We use some common Python & Django libraries such as Numpy and Django Rest Framework as well as Django's built in testing framework and Selenium.
All our native apps are built using React Native using common React Native libraries such as Redux and Sagas for state management. All of our infrastructure is hosted in AWS and deployments are managed with Ansible and CloudFormation. Our CI / CD pipeline is built on Bitbucket Pipelines and Bitrise for app building and shipping.
- Have at least 2 years experience making apps (ideally React Native, but native iOS or Android is fine!)
- Have a willingness to make mistakes, break things, learn, and fix them
- Care about energy and be passionate about electric vehicles and renewable energy
- Be attentive to design details and strive for pixel perfection
An awesome applicant will have...
- Loads of experience with React Native deploying to iOS and Android
- Have multiple well rated and beautiful app in the app store (native code or React Native)
- A deep understanding of code signing with respect to native apps
- Experience crafting web APIs with technologies like JSON, and Protobuf
- An understanding of the retail energy and energy wholesale markets in the UK
We will support you with...
- Flexible working from our Moorgate office, at home, or wherever makes you happy
- Funded access to conferences, training and meetups (tech but also EV related)
- A shiny new MacBook Pro (dark mode disabled by default)
If you don't have all of the job requirements, please apply anyway! We would love to hear from all kinds of people and may be able to tailor the role around your abilities and experience. We value applicants from non traditional backgrounds and a computer science degree is not a prerequisite.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Ts & Cs
Location: UK Based, spending at least a day or two a week in London
Equity: 0.5% Options
Please, no recruiters, agencies or recruitment platforms.
Salary range £40,000 — 55,000
Plus equity, dependent on experience
More like this
- 😇 Support Specialist at Beam
- Lead Engineer at Tab.
- Backend Developer at Marvel Prototyping
- Head of Product with strong UX experience at Verisart
- Junior DevOps Engineer at Yapily
- Software Engineer, Backend (Mid-level) at Daye
- Audience Development Manager at Parli
- Junior Developer at Carbon Smart
- Frontend or Backend Developers at Pirate Studios
- Student Brand Ambassador at FLYY Beyond Limited