About the role
We are looking for a number of interns to help us build out our south east Asian databases and capabilities - in particular, Malaysian, and Thai. This will require the candidate to be familiar with social media in Malaysia and Thailand, and a have general understanding of the significant cultures and sub-cultures in those countries. No coding experience is required.
You will get to work in a really cool start-up environment, with really fun people, and the work is super interesting! You will be helping to build out key infrastructure and capabilities for us.
This role is for a fixed amount of time, for one month (with possible extension to two months). Working arrangements will be flexible - we anticipate that the bulk of the work can be done remotely / from home but would ideally like to have you in the office for a week of induction at the beginning.
Our initial focus is on the multi-billion dollar Content Marketing space where most brands are guilty of polluting the internet with bad content that nobody wants to see. By providing a real-time, highly sophisticated analysis of behaviours and demand signals from target audiences online through Twitter, Facebook and Instagram, we enable brands to start contributing to culture through more relevant, valuable and impactful content. You should (and will!) see all of the information we can get from a single Tweet..!
We passionately believe:
* In improving the experience of audiences online.
* That audiences deserve more valuable content than what brands currently serve them.
* That data can enhance creativity, but only if data can be demystified for creative people!
About the team
The Codec team is young and outgoing, but collectively have loads of experience in the startup, marketing and tech world. We know what it means to build a successful company that impacts pop culture – and you’ll be able to learn from all our successes (and mistakes!).
We’ve run and built VC backed companies in London, New York and Silicon Valley.
Codec has received investment from some of the most impressive investors in the world who back our vision as we attack this huge market and fascinating problem.
Our seed round (closed Jan 2016) was led by 500 Startups and includes other top seed investors; Wayra and Force Over Mass Capital
* Broad understanding of, and interest in, culture
* Fluent or native speaker of Malay and Thai
* Ability to research any topic and critically assess information
* Strong written organisation and communication skills
* Familiarity with Excel/Google Spreadsheets
* Knowledge of the marketing industry is a bonus
* Be eligible to work in the UK
* Have your own laptop
* Live in London or nearby ideally
* Be available immediately
You’d enjoy (as we do):
* Free beers on a Friday
* Starting work at 10am
* Learning something new every day
* Working beside thought leaders from the marketing and tech industries
* Team activities and outings
* Cups of tea
* Bullet-point lists
Salary, benefits and remuneration are dependent on the successful candidate's experience.
More like this
- Head of Product at Verisart
- Business Development Manager (m/f/d) at Coffee-Bike International Ltd.
- Sales Manager (m/f/d) at Coffee-Bike International Ltd.
- Operations Assistant at Entale
- Full Stack Developer at Entale
- Data Scientist (NLP) at Entale
- FrontEnd Developer at Datantify
- Associate Product Manager at Zero Deposit
- Community Engagement Consultant at Duel
- iOS and/or Android Developer at Cotham Technologies