Back-end Developer (Ruby)
Parliamentary Digital Service
From £36,500 to £42,932
What we're looking for:
A developer with Ruby experience to join our growing Development team. You will join a team of front and back-end developers and web operations engineers based in a Parliamentary Estate.
You'll be working on a new website for Parliament that intends to make the UK Parliament a leader in digital democracy.
The new website will be data driven, have user needs at its heart, be developed incrementally and in the open. The new website will create an information space that will increase engagement, drive understanding and support transactions with Parliament.
You'll work in a friendly and creative agile environment, within multi-disciplinary product teams, spending 100% of your working time developing software for new services.
You'll be working collaboratively with Product Managers, Delivery Managers, User Researchers, Designers, Front-end Developers, Data and Technical Architects, Testers and Web Operations Engineers as well our Data and Search platform team.
Who you are:
You're an experienced developer who's used to working on large scale products and services.
You're used to working autonomously and working collaboratively with technical and non-technical teams across a large organisation.
You’re a great communicator that’s always looking to develop your skills and improve processes.
What you'll need:
· Agile methodologies
· REST and web services
What you may have:
What we offer:
· starting salary of between £36,500 and £42,932 (depending on experience)
· 28 days holiday
· flexible working
· access to training and development
· excellent pension scheme
· Pluralsight license
Sound like you? If you have an interest is joining our team then please apply.
Salary range £36,500 — 42,932
Dependent upon experience
More like this
- Full Stack Developer at Callaly
- Software Engineer (Back End) at Vidsy
- Full Stack Developer at Satchel
- Technical Lead at Tabl
- Senior Full Stack Engineer - Angular 2/4 & PHP at City Pantry
- Experienced front-end developer at Appraisd
- Front-end Developer (React) at Reposit
- Head of Health (Physiotherapist) at Reach
- Junior Technical SEO Specialist at Welocalize
- Lead Designer at Kindeo