Ruby on Rails Developer/Manager
Ruby on Rails powers our client facing site and is central to our business success. We are looking for a key person to join us full time to manage and drive our system forward, developing in line with new customer and internal requirements.
The position is based in our Northwest head-office to work with the teams and management, on development requirements and ongoing strategy, and may require out of hours work when upgrading the system to avoid any client and staff impacts. The role would also require speedy response and resolution of incidents.
About the company
DA Languages Ltd. is an interpreting and translation agency that was established in 1998. Since then, the company has built a solid reputation working with clients in both the Public and Private sectors and has just received private equity investment to accelerate growth plans. We offer 24/7 365 days services to our clients, and excellent customer service both internally and externally is at the core of our business values.
At DA Languages, we push the boundaries on what’s possible with Rails every single day, and we’d love for you to help us get even further. We don’t cut corners, and we don’t make compromises—we create beautifully architected Rails apps that are polished, fast, well-tested, and a joy to use.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Ruby code.
- Integrate user-facing elements developed for the front-end with server-side logic.
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs and devise elegant solutions.
- Make strategic technical decisions related to new products and functionality, ensuring continued scalability and integrity of the product.
- Maintain code quality.
- Focus on continued resilience of the product.
- Contribute to the risk management and disaster recovery solutions.
- Speedy resolutions of issues and delivery of good customer service.
- 5+ years of web development experience ideally with large applications of some scale.
- Experience developing a web framework—with Ruby on Rails a plus.
- Experience in working across the software stack (Ruby on Rails, Apache, Postgress, Ubuntu target servers).
- Solid grasp of object-oriented programming, automated software testing, databases, development, and testing methodologies.
- Be excited about deploying to production multiple times a day and collaborating daily with our team and other groups while working via a distributed model.
- Take smart risks and champion new ideas.
- Be comfortable with Agile methodology: Agile workflows, code versioning, code reviews, and continuous delivery.
- Be willing to help your teammates, share your knowledge with them, and learn from them.
- Be open to receiving feedback.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at DA Language
If you think you match the description above and can bring tenacity and a professional approach to work, then send your email and cv, with current salary to [email protected].
Salary will be commensurate with experience, and the responsibility that this role carries.
Applicants must be UK residents and possess the right to work in the UK. DA Languages Ltd. is committed to the elimination of discrimination, be it direct or indirect, and will actively work with our staff and clients to ensure the equal treatment of all staff and applicants, irrespective of age, gender, marital status, race, ethnic origin, nationality, disability, sexuality or religion.
More like this
- Senior Linux OS Engineer at Framestore
- Head of Analysis at Policy in Practice
- Junior Digital Project Manager at Pirate Studios
- Senior JS Full Stack Developer at Policy in Practice
- Junior Sales Executive at Gamar Ltd
- Designer at Soapbox Communications Limited
- Customer Success Manager at Canvas
- Customer Success Manager at Apperio
- DevOps Engineer at hackajob