Work In Startups is the UK’s number 1 platform for startup jobs. A site built by the startup community, for the startup community, we’ve grown from a humble launch in 2011 to becoming the largest dedicated tech startup job site in the country. Recently acquired by Adzuna (more about Adzuna below), we have some very exciting growth plans for 2019 and beyond, and are looking to bring on an ambitious intern to join our world class team and support our operations.
The role will be broad – you’ll support and help grow our client base, help win business and partners, get more startup jobs on our site, build our social media and blog presence, and generally sit at the centre of our community.
In return we offer a fun, entrepreneurial working environment within a high-growth business where you can make a huge difference and learn loads. We offer a competitive salary, professional development and training sessions from industry leaders, and a monthly social calendar all centred in a great West London location.
We don’t like to put people in boxes, but you’re likely to have or be able to demonstrate much of the below:
- An undergraduate degree (we don’t really mind the field)
- An active interest in startups and business operations, and the drive to get stuck in across a range of projects
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, and excellent written and spoken English
- Strong numerical skills – be able to analyse data and discuss it with your colleagues
- Ambitious, energetic and smart person who enjoys building strong relationships with their clients and team alike
- You like to roll up your sleeves, be hands-on, entrepreneurial, and thrive on juggling a lot of responsibilities at the same time
- The confidence to speak to a range of potential clients and partners
- The ability to learn quickly and easily (and the hunger to want to do so!)
- You self-identify as a great communicator with an energetic, action-oriented nature
Some prior experience in startups would be beneficial but not essential – if you’ve ever started your own website or have any extra language skills even better!
Key responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the General Manager across a wide range of projects on the sales, marketing and daily operational side
- Outreach to new prospective startup clients and partners
- Managing a set list of existing clients and partners and delighting them!
- Writing content for our blog, link building and managing our social media presence
- Contributing to significant ongoing development of our operational processes
- Ensuring continued world-class user experience for all current and prospective clients
- Assisting our users with support requests and be one of the first points of contact for inbound sales queries and user messages
- A range of other tasks, projects and business priorities
- c.£22k base salary (we’re proud to pay the London Living Wage to all our interns)
- Work at a company where you can make a real difference
- Exposure to various departments with an opportunity to learn about different business functions
- A market-competitive salary, stock options and pension scheme
- Entrepreneurial environment in a great new office in Fulham
- 25 days holiday pa (or pro rata)
- A bursting social event calendar and training opportunities
- A fancy coffee machine, ping pong table, maternity pay, gym, bike to work scheme, fresh fruit, Adzuna Academy training program, Apple store discount and lots more
About Adzuna (the parent company of Work In Startups!)
Adzuna is a search engine for job ads used by over 10 million visitors per month that aims to list every job, everywhere. We search thousands of websites so our users don’t have to, bringing together millions of ads in one place. By providing smarter search options and powerful data about the job market, we give jobseekers the information they need to take control of their careers.
Adzuna.co.uk was founded in 2011 by Andrew Hunter and Doug Monro, formerly of eBay, Gumtree, Qype and Zoopla and is backed by leading Venture Capital firms Passion Capital, LocalGlobe, Index Ventures and Smedvig Capital.
We also supply real-time data to the Number 10 Dashboard and Office for National Statistics labour market indices. In 2018, Adzuna won the contract to run ‘Find a job’, one of the British government’s most used online services.
Adzuna’s mission is to be the best place to start looking for a job. We love using the awesome power of technology to help match people to better, more fulfilling jobs.
Salary range £21,000 — 22,000
Apply for this job or share it
More like this
- Web Developer at Flash Pack
- Operations Associate at Lyvly
- React Developer at Rotageek
- Senior Product Manager at Rotageek
- Community Manager at Trussle
- Back End Developer at TVF Media
- Film - Systems Software Developer at Framestore
- Test Engineer at QuantSpark Ltd
- Full stack Developer at QuantSpark Ltd
- Front-End Developer at BETR Lend