Are you looking for rapid career growth in one of the most exciting industries of the future? We help our clients to maximise the potential of their data through technologies such as machine learning and artificial intelligence. We're experts in our field, will never stop striving for excellence, and we're looking for someone who shares our ambition.
Coefficient is looking for a resourceful and results-driven Sales Development Representative with excellent interpersonal skills who can actively seek out and engage our future clients. You'll be our first commercial hire, working closely with the Operations Manager and CEO on everything from business development, lead generation, brand development, and social media to shaping our entire sales strategy.
This is an exciting time for Coefficient, and an excellent opportunity to work within a unique and fast-growing startup.
💼 Coefficient is a data consultancy offering data science, engineering, machine learning, and other A.I. related services, as well as bespoke training courses.
🔧 We are driven by the challenge of solving real-world problems by combining statistical techniques with a lean start-up mentality and a technical skill set.
🎓 We have designed and delivered data training courses for clients such as BNP Paribas, EY, Hawk-Eye, the BBC, and the Metropolitan Police. In 2021 we launched our first online machine learning course on edX in partnership with ACCA. Our consulting work is highly multidisciplinary; in a single week we may be writing trading algorithms, routing delivery drivers, and predicting elections.
👥 Our team is our greatest asset. We invest heavily in professional development through our 10% time programme. We work with highly intelligent and passionate people who take pride in their work and enjoy a high level of independence.
- Head initiatives to optimise revenue generation via sales & marketing activities.
- Find and collate outbound sales opportunities by identifying target groups.
- Reach out and respond to potential client leads via LinkedIn, phone calls or cold emails.
- Implement your own ideas for lead generation campaigns and setting up introductory calls.
- Identify partnership opportunities with SaaS/B2B companies that can generate new customers & revenue.
- Work with the CEO to develop pitch decks & sales collateral to help win new corporate clients.
- Track campaign success in order to do more of what is working, and less of what is not.
- Shape the future strategy for sales & business development and suggest ways to improve.
Our ideal candidate would:
- Have at least 1 year's experience in Sales or Business Development.
- Have persuasive and well-structured written communication skills with creative flair when needed; you have the ability to read, clarify and then respond appropriately to potential clients' questions.
- Be independent and comfortable working autonomously to take a high-level goal and run with it.
- Possess an ability and desire to develop experience across multiple business functions and learn new skills quickly.
- Have strong problem-solving and analytical skills with a good working knowledge of Excel / Google Sheets.
- Demonstrate good communication skills and an ability to build rapport.
- Display a proactive attitude, and strong attention to detail.
- Be tech savvy with an interest in data science and start-ups - though no formal technical background is required.
Please note that we don’t expect all of the above. We know some people are less likely to apply for the role unless they are 100% qualified. Our goal is to promote a diverse, inclusive and empowering culture at Coefficient. If this role sounds exciting to you, please consider applying below. If you’re unsure, please still get in touch — we would love to hear from you.
Whilst this role is remote-friendly, in the future we'd like to get the whole team together on a regular basis. The successful candidate should be able to travel to London to work on-site for approximately 1-4 days per month when it becomes safe to do so. This means you must be UK-based with eligibility to work in the UK.
📍 Location: We are based in Central London, but we are remote-friendly.
💰 Salary: £25k - £35k OTE depending on experience (base vs bonus negotiable).
🏖 Holiday: 33 days of annual paid holiday including bank holidays.
💷 Pension: We're set up with Smart Pension to make sure we're contributing to help you save for retirement.
📈 Performance Reviews: Monthly check-ins to ensure you’re progressing in your career and maximising your potential.
🚀 Opportunity: To be part of a unique and exciting company that prizes excellence of work, work closely with the founder and become part of a dedicated and forward-thinking team.
🌱 Experience first-hand how to start, grow, and market a startup business - invaluable if you might want to start your own company one day.
♻️ Commitment: We are committed to challenging the status quo and are always looking for ways to make a positive impact. We are one of the first 80 signatories of TechZero and are in the process of setting our net zero goal.
💸 CoronaBonus: Additional £50 CoronaBonus per month while we have to work from home to help with things like good internet connection during lockdown. Outside of COVID times, we pay for local co-working spaces for the team.
🎓 Learning and Professional Development: Potential to improve skills through paid courses and annual subscriptions to FutureLearn & O'Reilly. We encourage all our team to engage with professional communities and offer additional work time & support for anyone wishing to speak at meetups/conferences.
💻 Laptop & Peripherals: Company-owned Apple laptop plus peripherals such as a monitor and keyboard, for making remote working both comfortable and safe.
📚 10% Time: 4 hours per week dedicated to learning new skills or pursuing your own project ideas.
👂 Spill: All-in-one mental health support via Slack.
🧘 Yoga: Virtual office yoga sessions once a week.
🚲 Cycle Scheme: Save money on bikes and accessories if you cycle to work, all while reducing your C02 emissions.
💃 Team Culture: We have a fantastic small team, and lockdown has seen us get inventive with virtual socials, including board games and cocktails!
Applications for the role are considered on a rolling basis and there is no fixed start date. It usually takes up to a week to get back to you after each round. We are happy to provide feedback upon request once we have interviewed you, but unfortunately we are unable to offer feedback before the interview stage.
Please make sure Workable is not included in your spam filter. We’ve had issues in the past of being unable to reach candidates due to our emails being mis-categorised as spam.
Salary range £25,000 — 35,000
OTE depending on experience (base vs bonus negotiable)
Apply for this job or share it
More like this
- Software Engineer at NearSt
- iOS Developer at Pi-A
- Front-end developer at Anyone
- Sales Development Representative at Marvel App
- Client Success at VeryConnect
- Senior Software Enginer at Hexarad
- Software Engineer at Hexarad
- Sales Development Representative at PayFit UK
- Customer Success Associate(German Speaking) Remote at ev.energy