Kipsu is the leader in digital messaging for the service industry. Recently selected for the Inc 5000 roster of fastest-growing companies, we have a highly dedicated team that is driven to build a large organization commanding a substantial market presence.
Kipsu provides a new way for businesses and guests to engage through real-time digital channels, now serving thousands of customer partners in over 40 countries.
Our company is headquartered in Minneapolis, MN, USA, and has recently launched a London office.
Kipsu is seeking a high-energy Market Development Representative (MDR) to become one of the first members of our London team. In this exciting role, you will help scale our business in Europe by generating qualified leads and cultivate leads into customer partners. We’re looking for someone who is ready to kick-start their career in sales while gaining valuable startup experience. The selected candidate will be sent to our head office in Minneapolis for training and work full time out of our London WeWork office.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Generating new prospective customer partners through email marketing and warm calling
- Managing initial engagement with prospects to explain Kipsu’s value and secure a demo with the prospect
- Performing research on prospects and developing tailored communication to generate interest
- Understanding and clearly communicating Kipsu’s core functionality and benefits from both a high level and technical perspective
- Recommending and initiating new and creative ways to increase the number of quality leads
- Working directly with the US-based MDR team to continuously improve Kipsu’s sales process by testing and implementing new software tools and strategic partnerships methods
- Analyzing data on response rates, demo rates, open rates or other influential data in order to continuously improve outbound marketing strategies
- Working with a team of other representatives to collaborate on methodologies to help each other become successful
- Jumping “outside of your lane” to help out with other projects
- Working closely with Kipsu’s UK Sales Lead to develop valuable pre-sales and sales skills, including understanding customer objectives, conveying Kipsu’s value proposition and providing demos of the solution
Successful candidates are…
- High energy, high achieving, professional, and ready to come in every day and make an impact
- Knowledgeable and passionate about working in the startup space
- The kind of person who enjoys going deep on a topic and getting to know an industry
- More interested in building a company that will redefine an industry than punching in a clock
- Works well on a team who’s willing to both listen to others and push the envelope
- Aren’t satisfied with the status quo and seeks to improve/enhance processes
- Okay with ambiguity and being thrown into challenging projects
- Values continuous improvement and development
For qualifications, we will favor candidates that have the following characteristics and background:
- 1 – 3 years of professional experience doing detail-oriented work – some examples include sales development, business development, recruiting coordinator, associate recruiter, bank teller, loan processor, mortgage processor, claims adjuster, and other insurance roles.
- A demonstrated capacity to collaborate
- A degree level of education
- Desire to learn and develop within the software (SaaS) space
- Experience in a startup company a plus but not required
- Willing and eager to constantly test and improve every day
One last thing– At Kipsu, we believe that our values, success, and future as a leader in our industry require a vibrant and diverse workforce. We seek to attract top talent that shares our values and to build an environment that is inclusive and welcoming of all backgrounds. Applicants and team members at Kipsu are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Accordingly, all qualified applicants for this position will receive equal consideration.
To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter explaining why you’re interested in Kipsu and this opportunity. We look forward to hearing from you!
More like this
- Head of New Sales at Hubbub Fundraising
- Front End Engineer at Legl
- User Experience Designer at Waggel
- Growth Lead at InsideOut
- Senior Product Manager at Onfido
- Sale Executive / Junior BDM at Zipcube
- Customer Success Manager at Zipcube
- Lead Product Engineer at Onloan
- Account Executive at Workable
- Senior Project Manager at Cloud Lending UK Ltd