We are looking to hire a Sales Development Representative to continue to build out our sales team in London. If you’re coachable, tenacious and you’d like to accelerate your career, build a career in SaaS and help some of the world’s best and largest companies listen to their employees and accelerate innovation, this is the role for you!
Who are we?
Better companies, happier people. Sideways 6 exists to build better business through employee ideas. We believe that great ideas can come from anywhere and that giving employees a voice is the secret to business success.
Over 3 million employees from the likes of Walmart, British Airways and Shell trust the Sideways 6 approach and we’re on a mission to give 50 million people a voice.
We’re really proud of our 5-star reviews on Glassdoor and it’s testament to the way we treat our employees. They are given lots of responsibility, lots of room to grow and develop and the chance to be part of something pretty special. The ‘Idea Beer’ probably helps too…
Joining our successful sales development team, you’ll be building a consistent pipeline of high-quality sales opportunities by identifying and engaging potential customers at some of the world’s largest companies. You’ll be responsible for telling our story and our client’s stories as well as our value proposition and detail of our products to senior decision makers over the phone, email and in person.
You will use various approaches and techniques to stand out from the noise (our prospects receive a lot of sales enquiries!) in order to arrange meetings between Sideways 6 and potential customers. We’ve taken a unique approach to employee ideas which enables us to stand out from competitors however the seniority of our prospects means that a strong level of research and creativity in outreach is required in order to grab their attention.
We understand what’s important to our prospects and what messages are successful in opening conversations, however we’re always open to building on this and trying new approaches. We’restill a young company and in order to realise our potential, we need to continue to develop our way of working and our strategy in order to continuously improve.
You’ll be very well supported both in terms of training/coaching, tools and internal resource such as marketing and partnerships. There will also be an aspect of collaborating with Microsoft and Facebook within this role, two of our key partners.
We see our Sales Development role as incredibly exciting and a great entry into the world of SaaS, sales and business. You’ll be introducing an exciting SaaS product to senior employees at some of the world’s largest companies, giving you invaluable experience in engaging senior decision makers in companies that everyone would like to work with!
The ideal candidate
The idea candidate would have the following characteristics:
- Confidence and great interpersonal skills
- An interest in sales and building commercial relationships
- Strong business acumen and an entrepreneurial mindset
- A growth mindset and a drive to continuously learn & improve
- A hunger to succeed and innate competitiveness
- A strong telephone manner & general communication skills
What’s on offer?
As well as an incredibly exciting role and genuine development opportunities, Sideways 6 offers:
- Great colleagues (personally and professionally)
- An awesome, open and vibrant start-up environment
- Regular social company gatherings and weekly happy hours
- Educational budget to use at your discretion
- Dog-friendly workplace
- Great career advancement opportunities for senior Sales and management
- Competitive base salary and uncapped commission structure
- Generous holiday policy to keep you fresh
More like this
- Senior Software Backend Engineer at Midnite
- Senior Full Stack Developer at Arkk Solutions
- Senior Front-End Developer at Browser London
- Senior Product Manager at Rotageek
- Full Stack Engineer at Expensify
- Project Manager at Borne Digital
- Storyteller and Content Creator at Storytellrs
- Engineering Manager at Farewill
- Lead Technology Engineer at Swoon
- Community and CX Lead at Daye