We Make Websites are the go-to agency for Shopify Plus. We design, develop and optimise e-commerce websites for the world's most ambitious brands. Brands we work with include: Pepsi Co, Finisterre, DeBeers, Skinnydip, Cluse, Bulletproof Coffee, Penguin Books, Beavertown Brewery, Emma Bridgewater, Harper Collins, National Portrait Gallery, Nicce, Press and The Economist.
We’re a team of 40+ designers, developers, solutions architects, e-comm consultants and marketers - spread across our London and New York offices. We’ve doubled in size over the last year and are looking for more bright, ambitious and enthusiastic people to join our team.
But enough about us... we want to know more about you.
What we're looking for:
We are looking for a talented, dynamic and experienced Sales Manager / Business Development Manager to join our Growth Team.
The ideal candidate will have 2-4 years B2B sales experience within a web agency, SaaS or e-commerce environment. Although the role is ‘sales’, it is a varied position and will involve an end-end approach (business development, requirements gathering, proposal creation, consulting, pitching and closing). The successful candidate will be target-driven, have strong commercial acumen, and a deep understanding of the mid-market to enterprise level e-commerce landscape.
The Sales Manager / Business Development Manager will report into our Head of Growth and be responsible for managing Sales Executives with the opportunity to continue building out this team.
What you’ll need:
- You will have a proven track record of closing deals within a SaaS or e-commerce environment.
- You will have end-to-end sales experience including requirements gathering, pitching, solution consulting and proposal creation.
- You will have exceptional people skills and the ability to earn trust whilst remaining commercially minded.
- You’ll be able to provide case studies of how you’ve successfully consulted with clients to understand their objectives and turn these into successfully delivered projects.
- You will have exceptional communication skills and be totally comfortable pitching to C-suite clients.
- You will have a proven track record of working with internal Production/Project Management teams.
- You will be comfortable working within an inbound and outbound sales environment.
- You will have experience with contract and deal negotiation.
- You will have experience working on deals that involve numerous stakeholders/third parties.
- You will have good knowledge of e-commerce platforms and the wider e-commerce landscape.
- You will have knowledge/understanding of integration systems - such as ERP, ESP, CRM, OMS, WMS etc - and how they interact with e-commerce platforms.
- You will have a proven track record of managing a large and constantly changing sales pipeline.
- You will have a proven track record of managing people.
- You will possess unparalleled levels of attention to detail, bordering on fastidious.
- You will be totally OK with the concept of change and working in a fast paced environment.
- You will relish the opportunity to enter a growth stage company and carve out your own niche.
- You will be a smart, proactive, fast-learning team player with a ‘can do’ attitude!
What you'll be doing:
- You will be responsible for UK and US sales (inbound/outbound) KPIs.
- You will work closely with our Solutions Lead/Head of Growth to scope out, pitch and close large Shopify Plus projects.
- You will support and oversee smaller Shopify Plus deals that are being led by our Sales Executives.
- You will be responsible for continually reviewing and improving our sales tools.
- You will work closely with our Marketing Lead to ensure our lead generating initiatives are resulting in qualified enquiries.
- You will work closely with our Solutions Lead and Project Management Lead to ensure the Sales to PM handover process is continually being optimised.
- You will work closely with our Strategic Partners to develop lead generation tactics and close deals.
- You will be responsible for motivating, engaging and leading our Sales Team to create a high performance culture.
- You will bring an existing e-commerce network or be able to demonstrate how you can quickly build relationships within the Shopify Plus community.
- You will have the opportunity to be involved in wider Growth Team initiatives such as lead generation dinners, Meetups and conferences (M20/20, IRCE, E-commerce Expo).
- You will have the opportunity to build out our sales team in the UK and US, including travelling to our NYC office.
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience with Shopify Plus or a similar enterprise level e-commerce platform (Magento, Demandware, Hybris).
- Have come from a startup or SME that has experienced extremely high growth over a short period.
- Agency experience.
- Salary £45k - £48k depending on experience.
- 20 days + 8 bank holidays + your birthday off.
- Accrue 1.5 holiday days per year served, uncapped.
- Fun, challenging projects for interesting, creative clients.
- Discounted gym memberships, food, entertainment and travel.
- An inspiring, comfortable and social office on Leather Lane market in Farringdon with good transport connections and a secure, onsite, bike shed.
- We are a social bunch so expect to have fun with drinks, monthly team outings and an annual company-wide event.
- The opportunity to travel to and work at our NYC office.
- We invest in our team and aim to provide anything you need to expand and nurture your skills including training and equipment. We also reward talent and leadership skills, with a clear promotion path for those who excel.
- Free tea, coffee, fruit and snacks.
- Monday morning team breakfast and Friday team lunches.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Salary range £45,000 — 48,000
More like this
- React Developer at Rotageek
- Content Growth Hacker at CharlieHR
- Senior Product Manager at Rotageek
- Junior Front-end Developer at ContentCal
- Communications and Content Marketing at Lyvly
- Talent & Culture Partner at Create + Adapt ltd
- Customer Success Manager at Sideways 6
- Operations-focused client manager at Hozah
- Co-Founder/Partner at Integrated Digital Growth Agency
- Customer Support Associate at OurPath