Senior Back-end Developer at miPic
Start date: Feb/March 2018
miPic is the print marketplace for everyone. We empower billions of people to bring their pictures to life and earn money from their camera roll selling unique art prints, fashion and lifestyle products.
THINK INSTAGRAM MEETS ETSY.
The company can name a few proud achievements since our launch in 2014;
- £1.3m Seed investment in March 2017
- Featured by – The Next Web, Daily Mirror, Ideal Home, WeTransfer, INC.com, Appear Here, Virgin, Android Pit, Bloguettes, Dice
- Completed a £175k Crowdfunding campaign in 2015 and soft launched v1.0 in 2016
- Winner of Virgin’s Voom ‘Pitch to Rich’ pitching to Sir Richard Branson, Nick Jenkins (Moonpig) Holly Tucker MBE (NotOnTheHighStreet) and Jack Wills.
We are looking for a senior level PHP Developer to join us at our Brick Lane office in Shoreditch and work alongside our iOS Devs, Frontend Web team and CEO to launch some great new products and features this spring. You will assist in the development and maintenance of our backend services. Your primary focus will be building out our API to accommodate for new features in our Web and Mobile apps as well as maintaining and enhancing third party integrations with our manufacturers and enhancing our admin panel area.
YOU MUST BE
Smart, driven, excellent communication skills, at least four years industry experience working in corporate, agency side or in startups with proven execution. Experience working on image platforms or Ecommerce would be lovely!
- Strong Knowledge of PHP frameworks as Laravel, Symfony, CodeIgniter etc.
- Strong knowledge of RESTful API design
- Strong knowledge of MySQL or another SQL database system
- Familiarity with object oriented programming and MVC design patterns
- Familiarity with either Apache or Nginx
- Designing database schemas
- Ability to speak human as well as computer
HIGHLY DESIRABLE SKILLS
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Familiarity with EC2, GCP or any cloud computing service
- Experience with AngularJS
- Experience working in a startup environment
- Experience working in a product company
- Experience working on an e-commerce platform
- Experience working on an user generated image marketplace
- Familiarity with ElasticSearch
- Experience with NoSQL Databases such as MongoDB or Cassandra
- Experience with CodeIgniter
- Experience with Laravel / Lumen
- Experience with Analytics tools (i.e Google Analytics)
- Leading a dev team
- Sass or Less
The ‘lets nail it’ attitude, the humorous hell-raising moments of Pied Piper, with the professionalism of an agency! This opportunity provides a hands on developer role with an ambitious and award winning London startup, contributing to an exciting time in our development. We are looking for someone to join us this month, offering a competitive salary plus share options to become an integral member of the team.
Please apply with your CV, link to your personal website, previous projects and Github/Bitbucket or some code examples you’re happy to share in order to arrange an interview!
The miPic Team
The miPic app and website enables artists, designers and photographers to turn their images into beautiful custom made framed prints, cushions, phone cases, t-shirts or even peel and stick wallpaper. Users can sell their art & photography earning them money for free via our iPhone app or Desktop / Mobile website. We have teamed up with the best print manufacturers in the UK to create custom on demand products using any art or photo, providing sellers up to 20% of public sales which can be withdrawn to Paypal.
miPic was founded by architect Carl Thomas, aiming to create the ‘go to’ platform that brings affordable yet luxury custom print products to the masses, allowing everyone to earn a passive income from their hobby and flip traditional retail on its head.
October 2017 saw the launch of the new miPic website and socially driven iPhone App, The launch campaign began with a miPic Pop-Up Store in Spitalfields with an exclusive press and influencer event before opening to the public.
Salary range £50,000 — 70,000
More like this
- Front End Developer (React) - Movie Industry at Powster
- Lead Software Developer at JustLend Ltd
- Lead Front-End Developer at Unmortgage
- Senior Software Engineer at Lightricks Ltd
- Full-stack Developer at Benchmark
- Junior JS Developer at Circular Wave
- Full-Stack Developer at Bridebook
- Senior Full Stack Web Developer (Frontend Focus) at Schema
- WordPress Developer at Wholegrain Digital
- Sales Manager / Business Development Manager at We Make Websites