Travel is at the heart of what we do
Who we are
Caravelo started a decade ago, as an industry shaker, ready to disrupt travel for the better! We specialise in bespoke technology solutions for the aviation industry to make life easier for airlines and passengers like yourself.
Our platforms, ALISEO and NINA work together to seamlessly provide solutions such as; seat upgrades, gift vouchers, and even monthly flight subscriptions for customers. Our white label technology helps to generate revenue and enhance customer experience.
Digital innovation is fast becoming a necessity in the travel industry and we are proud to be one of its trusted technology providers. We deliver innovative omni-channel solutions for airlines and travel companies around the globe. Our global partners include travel companies and airlines such as AXA, Finnair, AirAsia X, LATAM Airlines and others.
Who you are
You are an experienced Backend Engineer, who is happy to work independently in a group. You enjoy sharing your expertise with junior team members and have a good sense of humour. Developing new product lines is intriguing to you because you are full of ideas.
If you are all these things, you are ready to join our team of nerds! :)
This will be your role:
- Implement existing product lines and help us develop new ones!
- Integrate our product lines with Airlines' reservation and payment systems (Sabre, Amadeus, Navitaire)
- Develop REST APIs
- Support new business domains and use cases
- Personalise our existing product lines to adapt to our partners needs
- Mostly back end but front end knowledge will be a plus
Skills & Requirements
- Proficient in object-oriented analysis and design
- Solid Java/JVM or equivalent programming skills (3+ years)
- You’re versatile and enjoy learning new technologies and languages
- You're a team player - and love to be one!
- Unfortunately we do not offer visa sponsorship for this position, so you must have a EU passport or a permanent working visa that allows you to legally work in Spain.
Nice to have (but not mandatory)
- Knowledge of Node.js, Groovy, PHP
What you will get from us
- A competitive salary according to your experience
- Benefits paid from the gross salary (Private health insurance, Transport check, Food check, Kindergarten check) and discounted gym membership (Gym4Less)
- Flexible working hours & half/day Fridays - we know you have a life outside of work and we will work with you to make sure it's kept that way!
- An office in the heart of Barcelona with great views of the city!
- You will be joining a fast-moving and progressive company that prides itself of being at the forefront of software development within the airline industry
- A real chance to grow very rapidly - we are growing, which means that there's plenty of room for personal development
- The possibility to really see an impact and to see how your work affects the end result.
Apply for this job or share it
More like this
- 😇 Support Specialist at Beam
- Lead Engineer at Tab.
- Backend Developer at Marvel Prototyping
- Senior Product Designer at ZOE
- Head of Product at Verisart
- Audience Development Manager at Parli
- Senior Sales Executive at Yapily
- Junior Developer at Carbon Smart
- Frontend or Backend Developers at Pirate Studios
- Student Brand Ambassador at FLYY Beyond Limited