Paws is disrupting the global pet industry, bringing game changing innovation and customer wow to the way we love and live with our pets. Worldwide, it's a $100bn global industry and over 5 bn people and their pets make each other deeply happy every day - but it comes at a price. Cost of good food, unexpected vets bills, holiday care issues, missing walkies due to work, health scares, mess on the carpet...That’s why our purpose is to make pet parenting all love and less stress - and not just for loved pets but those who get abandoned and abused too. We’re creating a new brand, a new way of shopping and a whole new way of helping people be the best pet parent they can be. You’ll be joining our founding team of experienced, successful startup high flyers and entrepreneurs (multiple £100m+ exits previously), in our state of the art HQ near Exmouth Market - and you can bring your dog to work of course!
You may not be able to code tails to wag directly, but we believe in building great technology to improve the lives of our furry friends and their pet parents. We are building the core of our experience on top of the open source platform Solidus (formerly Spree). This means you’ll be contributing back to this project as well as to our own private repositories.
This is not a job where you’ll just sit and turn specs in to code, it’s a challenging and rewarding role where you’ll be building the basis of an experience that our users, partners and the paws team themselves will love.
What will you be doing?
- Extending our Solidus/Ruby on Rails API to serve our clients
- Writing high quality, simple and clean code
- Placing emphasis on outcome rather than output (think OKRs)
- Aspire towards TDD but be pragmatic about it
- Engaging in smart chatter about our code with the team
- Be expected to dip into some frontend too e.g admin interfaces, data visualisation
Here are your buzzwords- not exhaustive, nor prescriptive- just some things we like!
Ruby on Rails, Spree/Solidus, REST, Swagger, GraphQL, Pusher, Stripe, ActiveSupport::*, RSpec, Paperclip, Cloudinary, Redis, Postgres, Elasticsearch, Sidekiq/Resque, Puma, nginx, Docker, AWS, Kubernetes, Terraform
Pets don't care about your sex, race, marital status, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion etc. and nor do we! We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from everyone.
Salary range £70,000 — 80,000
Dependent on experience
More like this
- Mobile App Developer at CargoMate
- Platform Engineer at Paddle
- Front-end Developer at ProdPad
- Lead Developer at Utter
- Join our NAG (Not-so-big Advisory Board) at Bright Little Labs
- Product Lead at Plural AI
- Farmer Happiness Associate/ Marketing Assistant at fieldmargin
- React Developer at Rotageek
- Full Stack Developer at CampaignAmp
- Junior Software Engineer (Full Stack) at CrowdJustice