Who are we?
Backed by Silicon Valley capital, we're one of the top funded AI startups in Europe, working to accelerate the process of accident and disaster recovery. Our patented product can assess the nature and extent of damage just from looking at photographs and can provide an estimate for the repair cost (in real time). This means claims can be settled quicker and livelihoods restored.
From road accidents to (soon natural disasters), we’re applying our powerful AI today to solve real human level problems, and we're making a huge impact daily with thousands of our users worldwide across three different continents.
On top of that, we’ve got a best in class working culture focused around autonomy, ownership, collaboration, flexible working and more.
You’ll be focussing on developing and scaling our main user facing application and building out new features. You will work really closely with the product team (who are strongly focused on user research) to understand wider context about how our AI technology adds value to users and then work alongside a talented team to develop the application to enable that AI capability to be deployed to the real world. It's a product engineering role (as opposed to a core AI development role), but if you have an interest in AI, then you certainly will learn a lot in this position, as you will work closely with our research team to understand how our AI / ML models need to be plugged into the product to add maximum value to the end user.
We work in a lean team comprising a product manager, product designer and developers, and you'll play a key role in developing our platform, as part of a small but high performing team. You will influence the scope and technical direction of the product and will have the opportunity to champion best practices within the team, mentor more junior members and continuously pursue clean code practices as well as contribute towards overall platform architecture.
In a nutshell, you will be:
- Working in a cross-functional team (product manager, product designer, engineers) supporting the development of our industry leading platform that serves thousands of user’s daily
- Playing a pivotal role in the future direction of our product by working closely with our product manager to understand how our AI capability adds value and how best to design our applications to deploy that capability to the real world
- Strongly understanding customer needs from liaising with our Product Designer around user feedback
- Introducing any best practices that you think will help the team get better and faster
- Mentoring more junior members of the team
We use; Node.js, Typescript, React, GraphQL, PostgreSQL, Kafka, Kubernetes, Docker, Jenkins, AWS
You don't need to have prior experience in these technologies. We don't mind what languages or frameworks you've used before (in fact, different experiences bring different perspectives to the table) - we’re just keen to know that you're willing to break things, fix things, learn fast and carry on creating!
What we’re looking for…
- We've got two open positions in this team - one at Mid-Level and one at Senior. The below criteria apply for both positions, the only difference is that we'd expect strong(er) architectural skills from a Senior and more extensive experience of the below criteria across different companies/teams
- Strong ownership and self-drive from the first line of code to the impact on the end user. If you like autonomy and being in the driver’s seat, we would love to have you in our team!
- Strong experience working in a small product-focused team and you yourself have a strong product focus and mindset- this is crucial for us. We hire engineers who have an appetite to work closely with product teams and understand customers and their needs
- Able to discuss the merits and trade-offs of using any particular design approach and technologies (we don't look for specific technology experience, so feel free to apply even if you don't have experience with our stack)
- Demonstrable experience improving and driving process improvements and best practices across teams
- Bonus: experience building / scaling RESTful APIs which enable complex user workflows
- Bonus: obsession with developer efficiency and enabling CI/CD in a microservice environment
- Competitive salary & 6 month salary reviews
- Pension scheme
- Flexible Working
- Learning and Development budget
- Competitive maternity + paternity leave
- Modern open plan office with phone booths, casual/sofa spaces, quiet pods to work from and a large canteen area full stocked with daily snacks, fruit, (good!) coffee and various other food and drinks
- Regular company events such as Games Nights, Movie Nights, Lunch & Learns, Monthly Brunch and more
ACTIVELY INTERVIEWING (remotely) & HIRING FOR THIS POSITION DURING COVID-19 - Apply now
Salary range £65,000 — 90,000
Dependent on level & experience
More like this
- Frontend Engineer at causaLens
- Front end developer (London based) at LedgerComm
- Full Stack Developer at Route Reports
- Product Design Architect at Deep Consulting Solutions
- Backend Developer at mavis
- Market Executive (Brand Partnerships) with German at Sweatcoin
- Full-Stack Developer at Univation - Volunteering at Univation
- Full Stack Engineer at Skim It Ltd
- 😇 Talent Associate at Beam
- 😁 Operations Executive at Beam