tails.com is a tech-centric startup, using the power of technology combined with applied nutritional science to change the world of dog food for good.
We launched to the public in July 2014. We’re proud members of the TechCity Future Fifty, a prestigious network of the UK's fastest growing tech companies, and are #4 in the Startups 100 index of exciting UK startups to watch. We also scooped a whole bunch of awards at the 2016 and 2017 Startups Awards, including Tech Business of the Year.
4 million. That’s how many meals we deliver every single month, and we’re just getting started.
Imagine a world where what you feed your dog is being as carefully optimised as the recommendation engine for what to watch next on Netflix. Well, that world exists - we’re creating it right now. We’ve already figured out how to ship over 70,000 totally unique bags of food every month.
So where do you come in? Turn 4 million into 4 billion. We’ll need new nutrition algorithms that handle more types of food. We’ll need better pricing engines for value engineering. And we’ll need to keep making sure our customer experience is top of the line in a constantly evolving E-commerce world.
We're looking for someone who has a passion for technology, who gets a kick out of building products and collaborating across the business to deliver products and features that our customers love.
Our current development team has backgrounds in various programming languages. What is common is a willingness to learn new technology. Currently, our tech stack is predominantly Python, so we expect you to learn Python. However, just like the technology we use, we are a company that is evolving constantly, and we expect you evolve and learn with us.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL...
- build robust backend services as part of our event-driven architecture
- collaborate in autonomous squads to deliver high impact features that our customers love
- lead best practices ensuring appropriate testing and great software engineering
- contribute, both in ideas and execution, to the ongoing evolution of the platform architecture
- guiding and mentoring other members of the team, sharing knowledge and challenging appropriately…
- refine the skills and techniques necessary to take the next step in your career, whether that’s leading a team, architecting complex systems or just being the best developer you can be
Our tech stack is Python (Flask + SQLAlchemy + Celery) on the backend along with a smattering of Go, with Redis, DynamoDB, MySQL and S3 for data storage.
The platform is comprised of resilient and scalable applications and services powered by AWS with a mixture of Elastic Beanstalk, AWS Lambda, CloudFormation and EC2 Container Service (introducing Kubernetes with EKS).
We have a propensity to ship early and often, so we push multiple deployments live per day through our CI/CD pipelines using Codeship.
EXTRA CREDIT IF YOU...
- feel queasy at the thought of working without proper CI/CD
- are cautiously excited about the impending serverless revolution
- consider automated infrastructure provisioning a solved problem
- give back to Open-Source as a maintainer or contributor
WHAT WE'RE OFFERING
We offer a competitive salary in line with experience, plus significant equity share.
Other benefits include:
- a £2,500 budget to buy whatever development kit you need
- a personal development budget for training, conferences, books, etc.
- regular internal hack days, after-work activities and team events
- a dog-friendly office in Richmond, easily one of the most beautiful parts of London, just 5 minutes from Clapham Junction and 15 minutes from London Waterloo
- discounted tails.com dog food for you or a family member or friend
More like this
- Front End Developer at Butternut Box
- Backend Developer at Subsec
- Mobile App Developer at CargoMate
- Full-Stack Engineer at Trouva
- Senior Software Engineer at Everpress
- Product Lead at Plural AI
- Software engineer (all levels) at Trussle
- React Front End Developer at Powster
- CEO, Co-founder at Convaio
- Data Engineer at Rotageek