Festicket is transforming the way music fans discover and book tickets and travel packages for festivals around the world. Our platform revolutionises the music festival industry by offering an end-to-end experience for music travellers through an efficient two-sided marketplace for 900+ music festivals across 50 different countries! In three short years, we have become Europe's largest music festival platform.
We're looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer who specialises in all things AWS.
We've had a big funding round in the middle of last year and our technical team is growing rapidly (from 4 to 16 people so far). We need to bring our technology and infrastructure up-to-date to meet the business's ambitions for the next few years. This includes migration to the Cloud (currently in progress) and implementing a React SPA as our customer facing site (with all the architecture changes that come with this).
We are a team of 16 looking to grow to over 20 immediately. To do this we need a dedicated DevOps Engineer to manage our infrastructure and build the development, testing and deployment processes for our expanding technical team.
You're someone who's smart, organised, motivated and gets things done. You want to work in a startup environment, because you like the idea of doing a bit of everything and taking ownership of what you work on. You have ideas about everything, and you're not afraid to argue your point (while respecting everyone else's of course). You're constantly thinking "how can we do this better?".
You're passionate about:
- creating robust, flexible and performant infrastructure using the latest technology and best practices
- making the development workflow as smooth and efficient as possible through automation and tooling
- creating and managing effective continuous integration & delivery/deployment processes
- being an integral part of the development process, not just a system administrator, and working in a collaborative technical team
YOUR SKILL SET
- Expert in provisioning, operating and managing all things AWS (we make use of ELB, EC2, ECS and ECR, RDS, Redshift, CloudFormation and many more...), ideally 5+ years experience, minimum 3 years.
- Expert in Docker based systems
- GNU/Linux system administration and networking
- Expert in CI/CD workflows and tooling
- Experience with configuration management (ideally Ansible) and IaC (ideally CloudFormation)
- Excellent knowledge of Python, with development experience
- Experience with monitoring and logging tools (e.g New Relic, Datadog, Sentry, Kibana)
- An excellent understanding of high availability, load balancing and service discovery concepts and technologies
- A computing or software engineering degree. In the absence of one we expect you to show that you've taken steps to fill this gap in your training/knowledge.
Nice to have experience with:
- E-commerce websites
We're a team of 70 located in an amazing converted piano factory and recording studio in Camden (NW1 8LH) a short stroll from Camden market and Primrose Hill. By joining us you will be part of one of the fastest growing music / travel start-up companies in Europe, where you will have ample opportunity for career progression as we continue to grow.
We have a company culture which is very idea orientated and driven but also very social. It's entirely normal at 6pm on a Friday for half the company to be drinking together in the office and then planning to head out for a night out.
Benefits also include:
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Free tickets for music festivals worldwide
- Free breakfast - including cereals, bread, marmalade, etc.
- Weekly delivery of beers, food, snacks, fruits and drinks
- Weekly Friday drinks
- Fun monthly company events
- Regular internal Ping Pong tournaments
- Sales Trainings & budget for conferences
- 1 remote working day per month
- Regular team lunches
- Perks - free Festicket T-shirts, Jumpers and more
- Fun environment & great office next to Primrose Hill
- Value driven start-up culture.
Salary range £65,000 — 75,000
More like this
- Ecosystem Builder AI at Rockstart
- Fullstack Software Engineer at OnCare
- Lead Developer at Catalysis Communications
- Marketing Manager at Canvas
- Data Delivery and Quality Manager at Prostate Cancer UK
- Head of Customer Operations at Catapult
- Visual designer at Trial Balance Limited
- Mid-weight UX designer at Saberr
- Full Stack Developer in the Swiss Alps at inside labs AG
- DevOps Lead at BuffaloGrid Ltd.