Moving into a new rental property is expensive. The security deposit can cost up to five week’s rent and often tenants have to find their next deposit before getting their last one back. This makes moving expensive, slow and painful for tenants.
The Zero Deposit Guarantee massively reduces the upfront cost of moving, by giving tenants the option of paying 1 week’s rent instead of a security deposit, while providing landlords with the same security as a cash deposit.
The guarantee is insurance backed, so landlords have the same security as a traditional deposit and is already being distributed by many of the leading agents in the UK.
Development at Zero Deposit
This role is fully remote, however we are a UK based company so you need to be comfortable working UK office hours. You'll join our growing product and engineering team (currently six of us) and will help us continuously improve our platform and customer experience.
You will be an excellent fit if you:
- Want to build things which are genuinely useful to end users using modern web app technologies
- Care about the quality of things you build bonus points if you know how to use automated testing to keep quality high!
- Care deeply about creating high quality digital products that solve our customers problems and create business value
- Want to be part of a team who has a desire to continuously improve, you’re likely learning a new framework or language
- Are curious about new technologies but also pragmatic about getting things done
- Want to contribute to a strong engineering culture
You enjoy mentoring more junior engineers, coaching them so they can step up
You're keen to raise the bar for quality in the team, by promoting a culture where everyone learns from each other
You're skilled in helping debug problems with humans as well as systems
Below are technologies we currently use, we are open minded about new technologies:
Backend: Python (Django/Pyramid), Haskell, Postgres, Celery, RabbitMQ
Frontend: React/Redux, Yarn, Stylelint, SuiteCSS
zerodeposit.com: JAM stack using Contentful & Netlify
Infrastructure: AWS (S3, Route53, CloudFront, Lambda, RDS), Heroku (Enterprise, Connect)
Why join our team?
You’ll be joining our growing product team, which is currently made up of Pete (CTO), Iva, Andy, David, Carlos (Developers), Barry (Product Director) and Josh (Technology Associate). You should join us because we:
Believe in the products we’re building. We care about building the right things for our users and building them well.
Have a support and challenge culture. We challenge ourselves to do our best work, whilst supporting each other and providing an environment where people can grow.
Have big ambitions and are well funded in order to deliver on these.
The role is open to remote applicants, however we do have people based in London who meet up for collaborative and social sessions.
This role is an opportunity to be part of a tight knit team in a rapidly growing company. We believe in investing in people long term, and making sure we provide people with successful career paths, the logical progression for this role would either be principal engineer or an engineering management role.
We're committed to being an equal opportunities employer, no recruiters.
Apply for this job or share it
More like this
- Senior Software Engineer at Hurree
- Solutions Architect at Hurree
- Technical Researcher at Hurree
- API Intergrations Specialist at Hurree
- Senior Backend Developer (Node.js) at Caravelo
- Full Stack Developer at Landscape
- Project Manager Marketing - Growth Hacking at 7pace
- Android Developer at AppLaunch
- Senior full stack developer at PetsApp
- Backend engineer at Everpress