Comic Relief is becoming a creative agency for a social change, an agency that is proud to be bold, confident and even edgy. We want to harness creativity to better effect, value our brands, embrace talent, connect globally, engage and empower many more people in our mission.
As one of the nation’s most loved brands Comic Relief is at an exciting and transformational stage in its development.
Whilst super serving our existing audience with refreshed comedy content and entertaining ways to give and participate though our flagship events of Red Nose Day and Sport Relief we are looking to develop new ways to engage new and existing audiences to attract the next generation to care, buy, do and donate. It’s not all about the money – it is also about the impact we’re having and the changes we are making to people’s lives.
Working alongside our Engineering Practice Lead, you will help us embed processes, standards and practice for the development, delivery and operation of all digital products, making sure that the manner in which we approach these tasks are secure, scaleable and operationally efficient.
Find out more about our team, here: https://technology.comicrelief.com/
As Senior Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Architecting individual platforms and products.
- Vertical ownership of the whole software stack.
- 15X7 support rota during campaigns
- Defining and embedding coding, architecture and infrastructure standards and process with the Engineering practice lead.
- Mentorship of Junior Engineers.
- Raising the profile of Comic Relief as a top tier software development organisation.
- Work on other products and tools like our testing stack, continuous integration and delivery pipelines, and help craft unique user centred digital experiences in an agile setting.
- Act as a source of knowledge regarding the choice of approach for new projects and application development.
- To lead, manage and support line report(s) through regular one-to-one’s and clear performance objectives and KPI’s.
- Be an ambassador for collaborative Cross-functional working both within the Technology team and across the wider organisation.
We'd love to tell you more, apply today if this sounds like the challenge for you!
Salary range £47,000 — 51,000
More like this
- Back-end Developer at Rotageek Ltd
- Ruby on Rails Developer (CET - Remote) at Clevertech
- Backend Engineer (Python, Go, AWS) at Citymapper
- Senior Developers at VirtualSystems Limited
- Community Partner at Pirate Studios
- Technical Lead at Flynotes
- iOS and/or Android Developer at Cotham Technologies
- Talented Fullstack Ruby Developer at Homeshift
- Full Stack Developer at Zappar
- Customer Success Associate at OurPath