Our mission is to make selling software easy; allowing developers to focus on building products they love. We handle all of the hard stuff (like payments, licensing, taxes, trials, in-app purchases, analytics & customer engagement), so they don't have to.
We are a dynamic and entrepreneurial venture backed team of 28 based in London. We’re scaling fast with ambitious plans for 2017 and we’re looking for someone to help bring cadence and their expertise to our engineering team’s evolution through the next phase of growth.
What will you do
You’ll be developing and expanding our existing range of products
Technical ownership of one (or more) areas of our codebase
Provide engineering advice for team issues, including architectural, and be involved in wider technical decisions that impact other teams or the company at large
Participate in deep-dive code reviews of work submitted by other team members
Solve the majority of operational issues without escalation, including deployment, infrastructure, and debugging tasks
Proactive in reducing technical debt
Participate in the recruitment process for engineers, including conducting phone screens, sitting on interview panels, and reviewing technical tests
Onboarding new team members and providing mentoring and coaching where appropriate
Your experience + skills
Competent commercial experience developing applications or other software platforms
A strong understanding of the development process from design through to deployment and maintenance and what that means for day-to-day development
Ideally experience, proficient in:
- Laravel 4 or 5, or Symfony 2
- OOP PHP application development
- Git, including general repository management
- AWS exposure, covering SQS, SNS, EC2, S3, and IAM (AWS certified a bonus)
- Experience with shell scripting
- PHPUnit (or unit-testing generally)
- Automated deployment with Capistrano, and provisioning with Chef (or similar, Puppet etc)
- Worked with message queues (RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, MSMQ, SQS etc)
- LAMP stack administration
- Exposure to another language, e.g. Ruby, Java, Obj-C, C#
- Experience using of AWS (EC2, RDS etc.)
- Previous exposure to JIRA
What’s in it for you?
Share options - everyone at Paddle is an owner in the business
Excellent exposure to management, transparent company performance, input into company direction, ideas and growth
The best possible equipment - whatever you need to increase your productivity
We care about results, not face time - if you need some time to work from home and can maintain efficiency then that’s cool with us
A close team with frequent team outings (food, drink, sports etc.)
The opportunity to be part of a fast growing business, loved by an international base of clients
Closing date: 27th April, 2017
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
Salary range £50,000 — 65,000
+ Equity + Benefits
More like this
- Full stack developer at UTC Hub
- (Very) Full Stack Developer at BuffaloGrid
- Senior Technical Lead/ CTO at Sideways 6
- DevOps Lead at BuffaloGrid Ltd.
- Technical Lead - Python at Autotrip
- New business exec at Solid State Group
- Mid-weight UX designer at Saberr
- Technical Project Manager at Storyblaster, Inc.