pinwheel’s mission is to make sustainable living simple. We help people choose products and services that will actually reduce their carbon footprint. Where it’s not possible to buy zero-carbon we offer innovative solutions to help people calculate and offset their carbon emissions.
pinwheel is a privately funded startup run by an experienced team (Smart Energy GB, Dyson, ITV, McCann). We’re at the start of our product development journey and have an exciting roadmap. Our team is being built from scratch and the possibilities for innovation are endless.
We’re looking for talented and entrepreneurial people who are engaged with our mission. You’ll enjoy significant autonomy and the chance to work collaboratively with a highly experienced senior team. In return we’ll expect you to be highly proactive and take on significant personal responsibility.
At pinwheel we’re getting started on our product development journey. As a Senior Front End Developer, you’ll play a key role in developing and deploying beautiful, intuitive products that help people live more sustainable lives. All of pinwheel’s current product suite is entirely web based (with app in the pipeline) so you’ll sit at the heart of our business.
We don’t have huge significant repositories of existing code to maintain or migrate so you’ll get to focus on building functionality. We have an exciting product roadmap to develop and deploy, but it’s not fixed in stone. At pinwheel you’ll get to have real responsibility for how our product and tech stack evolves.
Working closely with our CTO and Head of Design, you’ll lead on front-end development from prototyping through to deployment and maintenance. You’ll bring designs to life and add value through the process. You’ll focus on delivering outstanding user experiences through intuitive interfaces. You’ll write secure and highly readable code that requires minimal documentation. You’ll proactively overcome challenges, squash bugs and hit shipping deadlines.
What you’ll do
Collaborate closely with our Head of Design, CTO and CCO to bring pinwheel to life and deliver our product roadmap
Develop prototype sketches into fully-tested deployable code
Write solid, semantic HTML & CSS/SASS
Produce highly intuitive user interfaces written in React, based on in-depth experience
Build out the functionality of our CMS, from the point of view of the end user and content creator
Collaborate on the design of our REST framework API with the back end development team
Design tests with extensive coverage that leave no bug unsquashed
- Deploy code to our production servers
- Deliver responsive UIs that meet A A A accessibility guidelines
What you’ll need
Extensive experience of front-end development, in particular working with React
Experience of working with RESTful APIs, ideally Django Rest Framework
Experience of working with Docker
A self-starting mindset, able to work in a small, highly-focused development team
Ability to work collaboratively with other developers, designers and senior product
owners to turn ideas into deployable code
A collaborative and communicative working style
- Ambition to drive forward a new business
- Passion for Pinwheel’s mission
Would be a bonus
Experience of working with Django/Python
Experience of working with Wagtail CMS
Experience of working with the Storybook UI tool
- Experience of React Native / Swift / Java
• React / Wagtail / Django / Python / Gunicorn-Nginx
What we’re offering
- The opportunity to shape the direction of a startup company and have real impact on product direction
- Experience of working in close collaboration with a highly experienced executive team
- As an early employee, significant opportunity for rapid personal growth
- (Post COVID) Central London office location shared with other exciting startups
- Competitive salary
- Equity participation scheme
- 28 days holiday per annum + 2 volunteering days
- High end company laptop (Mac or equivalent) + software licences
Apply for this job or share it
More like this
- Front End Web Developer at Rasa
- Project Manager Marketing - Growth Hacking at 7pace
- Coding Coach at Sigma Labs
- Front-end developer at Taylor/Thomas
- Shopify / CMS Senior Front-End Developer at Series Eight
- Senior Product Designer (Product Team Lead) at Helical Levity Ltd.
- Head of Marketing at Renude
- Full stack developer at Una Health
- Ios Swift Developer at Reeltime Apps