Would you like to use latest-generation tools and technologies to build web apps that help transform some of the world’s largest organisations?
At Steer73 we improve the performance of businesses and the lives of their people & customers, with technology.
We might build a best-in-class mobile app so that our client can compete against 3rd party sellers, we might develop custom software to make warehouses run 5X more efficiently for a global logistics firm, or we might open-up an entirely new sales channel for a 200-year-old company.
The common theme? Our projects deliver real commercial impact.
Who are Steer73?
We're a full-service digital transformation agency. We build technology for some of the world's largest organisations and fastest growing SME's.
Our projects broadly fall into the categories of: mobile & web apps, custom software development, websites & eCommerce, data warehousing and analytics.
We doubled in size over the last year, and you would join a fast-growing team of world-class developers, designers, product specialists and delivery experts.
We hire people based on their skill, not their geographic location and run a fully remote team operating across 7 countries.
The senior front-end developer role
- We are in the fortunate position of taking on new projects at a rapid pace. As such we are on the search for someone to join our team and help us deliver these projects.
- As a senior developer you will work alongside developers, other senior developers, and lead developers. You’ll be joining a team with a strong culture of support and knowledge-sharing, with plenty of opportunities to share your skills and experience and learn from others. You’ll work with the CTO and have direct contact with a wide range of stakeholders.
- As a fast-growing agency, it's all-hands-on-deck. In addition to core development work, across one or two projects at a time, an average day could include project-scrums, technical / architecture discussions, code reviews, sprint-planning, and estimation sessions. Typical work could include adding new features to existing products, delivering integrations with useful services, or tracking down an interesting issue.
- Joining an established but small team, you’ll enjoy an informal, friendly, and open culture that encourages everyone to contribute to our shared and mutual success.
You will be working alongside our dedicated CSS/Markup specialist, and our backend (.NET/C#) and mobile (Xamarin/MAUI) development teams. You’ll mainly work in a project team consisting of a product manager, QA lead and UI/UX designer, under the guidance of a technical architect and product director.
This is a permanent role and we’re looking for someone who’s comfortable working office hours.
- Working on a variety of client projects across different industries and sectors.
- Writing clean, testable, maintainable code.
- Writing unit, integration, and automated UI tests.
- Writing cross-browser compliant code.
- Using pull requests to give and receive constructive feedback.
- Working with a product manager to agree the scope and detail of user stories.
- Planning and estimating tasks for implementation.
- Working with DevOps and CI/CD tools to build, release and monitor applications
- Understanding and addressing performance concerns including page performance and load times.
- Staying up to date with security best practices and the secure software development lifecycle.
- Using and contributing to Steer73’s developer playbook to share knowledge.
- Iterating on Steer73’s tools, processes and resources to drive continuous improvement.
- Responding to customer incidents and resolving service-affecting issues.
- Competitive salary.
- Scheduled, regular promotion & pay-rise reviews.
- Structured career-development planning.
- All the tools you need to thrive in your position, including the latest tech.
- Fully remote role at a remote-first organisation. We know how to make remote work 'work'.
- Flexible work policy, we ensure you have what you need to strike a positive work/life balance.
- Work alongside and learn from experts in their field.
- Location-agnostic. Career progression at Steer73 is based on merit, not geographic location.
- Gain cross-sector experience through working with multiple products.
- Join a culturally diverse and inclusive team.
- Become an expert in Microsoft Stack Tech such as .NET core, ASP.NET, Microsoft Azure Cloud services etc.
- Join an organisation devoted to continuous improvement in everything we do.
Salary range £40,000 — 60,000
More like this
- Product Manager at NearSt
- Product Marketing Manager at sweatcoin
- Front-end developer at Anyone
- Product Designer at Encore
- Product Owner at SH:24
- Partnerships Lead at Sideways 6
- Branding Expert at House of Apex
- Manager Sales at ORM Systems
- Chief Growth Officer at Vintage Cash Cow
- Senior Mobile Developer (React Native) - Health at Bearable