As a senior member of the digital product team you’ll be responsible for our flagship product www.stylist.co.uk alongside Stylist’s other brands and products. You’ll contribute heavily towards the front-end codebase, work with other senior team members on digital strategy and advise and collaborate other teams at Stylist on digital best practice.
The day to day of your role will be creating performant, accessible and user-friendly web interfaces in React, contributing to and improving our underlying tech-stack and advising on internal processes and workflows to help the team deliver great work. You’ll be working directly on the website, regularly releasing features, iterating on them, testing and measuring their effectiveness in collaboration with other members of the team. In your role as senior front-end developer, you will also improve and take responsibility for the front-end stack, mentor developers and contribute to the technical direction of the team.
The key priorities for our team are working with the editorial team to increase our audience size and improve engagement and supporting the commercial team to create engaging and immersive experiences for our branded content.
There are some key skills that we value for this role that will provide a useful and relevant grounding for up-skilling and contributing across the rest of our stack. Ultimately we want you to help us create brilliant digital experiences and support the interesting and necessary content we create for our audience.
- You can write semantic and contextually relevant markup, having an interest in applying best practices for the purpose of accessibility, performance and SEO
- You have experience writing CSS in a maintainable and compositional way, with a good eye for utilising common patterns and a desire to work on high-level design-systems
- You have good experience with React, knowing common design patterns and intricacies of the API
- You’ve scaffolded a modern React application previously, using Webpack and Babel
- You have a keen eye for design and enjoy working closely with designers, having experience with cross-discipline collaboration and delivering products in a team
- You have worked with a CSS in JS library in the past such as Styled Components or Emotion
- You have experience with CI and CD, having written unit tests or integration tests in the past
- You’ve previously worked on a design system or an automated style-guide, understanding the benefits of communication and documentation for building blocks of a more complex whole
What we offer
- The opportunity to work at the UK’s leading feminist magazine
- Flexible working hours and occasional remote working
- A team training budget to attend conferences and courses relevant to our work, future opportunities within tech or digital publishing in general
- Contributory pension
- Health and Dental cash plan
- Access to private medical scheme
- Discounted rates for gym membership
- Cycle-to-work scheme
To apply, please send a covering letter outlining why you are best suited to this role, plus your CV to Head of Digital Products: [email protected]
Salary range £55,000 — 60,000
Dependent on experience
Apply for this job or share it
More like this
- Lead Engineer at Tab.
- Full Stack Developer at Ayima
- Junior R&D Tax Consultant - Technology at The Accountancy Cloud
- Software Engineer at RMP Enterprise
- Senior Product Designer at Bark.com
- Senior Product Designer at ZOE
- Data Scientist at Ratio
- Senior Product Manager at Trint
- UI/UX - Product Designer at Got-it
- Data Scientist @ YC / Innovate UK funded startup at Got-it