Founded in 2016 by food-lovers and serial entrepreneurs JP and Alex, allplants is an award-winning planet-positive food brand and VC-backed B-Corp with around 65 employees on a mission to build Earth’s most forward-thinking food company, operating out of Seven Sisters, London.
We’re passionate about inspiring a more plant-based future. The way we eat has an enormous impact on our health and the health of our planet. So we keep it delicious while creating an exciting balance of healthy, convenient, more sustainable food choices. That takes teamwork, empathy, smarts, creativity, confidence and boundless positive energy.
Today allplants’ range of chef-prepared meals are imaginatively tasty and nutritionally balanced with 100% natural plant-based ingredients - from our creamy Cashew Mac to our rich and spicy Jerk Jackfruit - every dish is handmade with love. Eating plants is the most impactful way to reduce your environmental footprint, so our mission is to inspire the next billion plant-powered people, using flavour and convenience. We’ve already served over 750,000 meals to homes all over the UK, subscribing for an easier way to enjoy plant-based living.
Our plans for 2019 and beyond are bold, delicious and daring - with big growth plans involving both new products and new markets. To achieve our growth ambition of inspiring the next billion plant-powered people we are expanding our teams at pace, whilst also putting in place the foundations of a deeply mission-driven and customer-led culture.
Reporting to the Head of Engineering, you will work alongside another Senior Full-Stack Engineer while coaching and mentoring Junior Full Stack Engineers within the team.
Working closely with the Product Team (and others!), you will have responsibilities across a variety of tasks and projects, collaborating with every team in the business to ensure continued success.
- Improve our existing React.js/Node.js microservices, and create new ones where necessary
- Use your general software development acumen to assist the team with day to day decision making
- Own projects from scope through to delivery
team and culture.
- Work closely with our junior software engineers to build team velocity
- Be able to coach and support the junior team, demonstrating your mentoring skills
- Collaborate with our agency partners to maximise productivity
- Help define hiring plans, participate in interviews and screening calls
- Transfer knowledge and build skills in-house to make us self sufficient
- Implementing practices and skills across the team to further development and productivity
what you’ll need.
We’re open-minded and believe smart driven people can learn fast, you’ll be a great fit here if you:
Transfer knowledge and build skills in-house to make us self-sufficient
Collaborate with our agency partners to maximise productivity
Help define hiring plans and participate in screening and interviewing candidates
Own projects from scoping to delivery
Use your general software development acumen to assist the team with day-to-day decision making
Use your specialist knowledge to ensure we follow best practices
Work with and guide junior engineers to build team velocity
Improve our existing React.js/Node.js microservices, and create new ones where necessary
Use your experience as an individual contributor to ship amazing products
Report to Head of Engineering
Desire to continue learning/expand technical skills
Experience with server-side technologies
Min. 4 years commercial experience
Worked at a startup
Experience mentoring and working with junior engineers
- Be part of a fast-growing organisation built to shape the future of food
- Collaborative, flexible and friendly environment
- 24 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays), pension plan and stock options from day one
- Healthy lunches, breakfast and snacks, and lots of allplants tastings(!)
- Be part of a business with purpose, using commercial growth to better serve people & planet
- Join an energetic, passionate team of mission-driven people who’ll stretch and challenge you
a fair chance
Every role in the allplants team is open to applications from all sections of society. We believe in the superpowers and potential of everyone; regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic origin, different physical ability, family structure, socio-economics, age, nationality or citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other difference that makes you, well, you.
More than just encouraging your application, we're committed to conscious inclusion that (we hope) cultivates an ethos of belonging, connection and shared purpose. It’s this philosophy that drove us to contribute to a better world through our allplants purpose and mission, and we open our doors to those who share these motivations.
Salary range £50,000 — 65,000
More like this
- Frontend Engineer at causaLens
- Front end developer (London based) at LedgerComm
- Full Stack Developer at Route Reports
- Product Design Architect at Deep Consulting Solutions
- Backend Developer at mavis
- Market Executive (Brand Partnerships) with German at Sweatcoin
- Full Stack Engineer at Skim It Ltd
- Full Stack Engineer / Lead at Alterest
- Frontend Web Developer (Shopify) at We Make Websites
- Co-Founder at TOAD.ai