Code Kingdoms have been teaching fledgling developers to code through building their own games online for over 5 years. Recently we have shifted entirely to Roblox with our Studio+ online platform. Our goal is to create a generation of new Roblox developers.
Roblox is a global platform where millions of players create, share and play games together. Every game on the platform has been created by members of the Roblox community using Roblox Studio.
Code Kingdoms has raised over $3 million in venture capital and worked with Roblox, Minecraft, and the BBC.
You can try CK Studio+ out for yourself here.
We're looking for a Senior Full Stack Developer to be part of the team that is building out the CK Studio+ platform and scaling it to reach millions of users. You'll be committed to delivering work of a high standard, and more importantly putting the frameworks and architecture in place for others to follow your lead.
- You relish technical challenges and have a good working knowledge of core computing concepts such as data structures, programming language engineering, databases and networking.
- You have a track record of creating successful software projects across the stack including frontends, backends and databases.
- You appreciate the importance of good software development principles such as pull requests, DRY, automated tests and code coverage targets.
You'll be confident in leading planning and development of features that need implementation work in all parts of the stack.
- You are keen to help less experienced developers achieve their potential through mentoring, including pair programming and constructive code reviews.
- You relish the challenge of solving bugs and operational issues in a calm, efficient and scientific manner.
- Experience with production operations - We operate a DevOps culture where developers are responsible for the full lifecycle of their code. You should think about security, performance characteristics and measurability of your code as well as application functionality.
- Data Systems - You have experience and are interested in solving problems with large datasets involving heterogeneous data stores for OLTP and OLAP workloads.
Our Tech Stack
Some technologies we use include:
- Google Cloud
Your personal development goals are as important as our business ones. You'll take responsibility for key projects and, ultimately, help shape a growing company. We balance focus and dedication with an informal working environment and relaxed holiday policy.
- 25 paid holiday days plus bank holidays, with the option of taking additional unpaid leave
- Private medical, optical and dental insurance, including a zero excess private GP
- Pension scheme
- MacBook, external monitors and adjustable standing desk
- Budget for technical and personal development books and training
- Free breakfast, soft drinks and snacks
- Regular socials
- Quality time with the office dog
We started life as an Entrepreneur First company and are also part of the Blenheim Chalcot venture network. These give our team access to a dynamic and successful startup community, as well as talks and events with industry experts.
Our team of 11 people all work from our light and spacious office in Exmouth Market, London.
You must have the right to work in the UK to apply.
We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are a progressive and open-minded meritocracy. If you’re smart, driven and good at what you do, come as you are.
How to Apply
Please send us a CV and a few sentences describing why you are applying for this role.
Salary range £40,000 — 55,000
Apply for this job or share it
More like this
- 😇 Support Specialist at Beam
- Lead Engineer at Tab.
- Backend Developer at Marvel Prototyping
- Senior Product Designer at ZOE
- Head of Product at Verisart
- Audience Development Manager at Parli
- Junior Developer at Carbon Smart
- Frontend or Backend Developers at Pirate Studios
- Frontend developer at Mendelian Health
- Student Brand Ambassador at FLYY Beyond Limited