Backed by high-profile investors and led by startup veterans behind two of London's most prominent tech companies, we are disrupting education recruitment.
UK schools spend well over £1bn per year on covering short term absences with supply teachers. The current model is exclusively reliant on agencies that charge a massive commission and are terribly inefficient (everything is paper and phone-call based). We are consolidating this analogue, fragmented, and inefficient marketplace onto a digital platform. Think Uber for supply teachers. In the process we'll pull hundreds of millions of waste out of the education system and have a huge positive impact on teachers and schools.
Looking to make a difference?
This is your chance to join a tech startup on the ground floor. As an early employee you will play a significant role in the development of the company and have the opportunity for rapid career progression and learning.
We’ve built a solid MVP. Now we’re looking to transform it into a product truly loved by teachers and schools.
What we are looking for
- Experience with ReactJS and good understanding of API’s is a plus
- Experience using memory-data stores such as Redis and background workers such as Sidekiq
- Strong bias to test-driven development & automation as well as experience with Git or other similar version control systems
- Knowledge of deploying to and managing cloud environments like Heroku is a plus
- Top performer that wants to be part of a high-performing, motivated team
- Growth mindset – passion for growing your skills as a developer
- Passion for the education sector and commitment to the company’s success
What's in it for you?
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Significant ownership in the company
- 25 days holiday
- Brand new East London office
- Fun-loving, tight-knit team solving a problem that makes a difference
Salary range £30,000 — 60,000
Competitive salary and significant ownership in the company based on experience
Apply for this job or share it
More like this
- Front End Developer at Staffably
- Intern - Account Management & Marketing at Staffably
- Customer Success Manager at Akkroo
- Full Stack Lead Developer at Blackbullion Ltd
- Account Manager at Akkroo
- Head of Product at FlatClub
- Python Developer (#techforgood open data standard) at Development Initiatives
- Marketing Lead at Paddle
- Superstar CTO at Uberated
- Senior Engineer at The Collective