Lollipop is on a mission to take the pain out of grocery shopping by building an AI-led shopping assistant that does it all for you. Our software will help countless families and others overwhelmed by the pressures of daily life, whilst reducing the £10B of food thrown away each year! Our backers have scaled companies like Ocado, Babylon and Deliveroo and our founding team have built businesses such as Monzo, Curve and Florence. We know what it takes to build products enjoyed by a global customer base of millions!
🌟 To get this right, we want to build an extraordinary team of fast-moving, ambitious and courageous people who are driven by realising big ideas.
🚀 This is a great opportunity to become a member of the founding team!
🛠️ As our Full Stack Software Engineer…
Just imagine getting in right at the start of a company like Monzo or Deliveroo. By joining our small, rapidly scaling and dynamic team, you’ll get the chance to build both a product and company from scratch... this will be a thrilling yet challenging ride that’s not for everyone.
You'll be particularly strong on the backend as that’s where the biggest challenges are initially but with the skills and flexibility to help out on the frontend when required.
This phase is all about quick solutions, fast experimenting, rapid prototyping, and getting working MVPs in front of users and not about optimising for massive scale. But before long you’ll need to build a super-scalable platform that can handle explosive growth but doesn’t slow down deployment.
You'll be solving a number of meaty technical challenges to accelerate and improve the shopping process, from recommendation engines to complex integrations, all behind beautiful UX that will become our calling card.
👩🚀You’ll have influence & impact by…
- Rapidly solving product and tech challenges that haven’t been solved before
- Integrating with large complex systems like major supermarkets
- Leading the build of a flexible backend to scale as fast as companies like Monzo and Deliveroo
- Working with data science experts on recommendation engines and shopping acceleration algorithms
- Tearing down and building it again if you all learn there’s a better way to get there
- Building tools to help our teams to support customers
- Working in a small cross-functional team, taking product, design and data inputs to ensure we’re iterating quickly based on customer feedback which you’ll have the opportunity to hear directly
- Helping shape our development process and company culture
👀Who you are
You’re someone who makes things happen despite ambiguity and can handle periods of breakneck scaling and moments of chaos. You have a passion for product development, innovation and solving real customer problems without being wedded to any particular technology or approach.
🤔Could this be you...
- You have 5+ years' experience of full-stack development in a scaling startup environment and/or at a major tech brand
- Willing to learn fast and adapt to new technologies as needed
- Have experience of building prototypes/MVPs with short cycle times (hours or days, not weeks)
- Have system administration basics, infrastructure as code, and an interest in learning more as required (e.g. Terraform, Puppet, Chef, AWS). Bonus points if you’ve deployed secure, scalable backend services to AWS)
- Enjoy being responsible for hitting your goals and you know when to reach out for support, direction, challenge and feedback
Bonus point for a cute 🐶 that you’re willing to bring to the office to meet the team (post Covid)
Our Tech Stack
🖖How you operate
- Collaborative mindset - you actively enjoy collaborating with team members and help design team environments where positive intent is assumed and compassion, honesty, respect and flexibility are actively encouraged
- Continuous improvement - you work to learn and grow, you take feedback well and you look for opportunities to coach other members of the team
- Considerate coder - you like to leave things better than you found them
- Great communication skills - you can explain tricky tech trade-offs to non-technical folks
🏅Why you should join us
No matter how fast we scale, we won’t forget that our incredible team is a wide-ranging group of individuals who deserve a personal touch. We’ll need to move fast and work hard to achieve our mission but we firmly commit to ensuring our workplace is motivating, diverse, inclusive, honest and transparent throughout the journey.
🍯 Other benefits to working with us:
- An open and collaborative company looking to develop a world-class engineering outfit
- Minimal hierarchy - you’ll work closely with our industry experienced senior team from the start
- Modern architecture and tooling - you can use the right tool for the job
- “Just enough process” - no more, no less
- Opportunity to join user research and see how customers interact with your software directly
- Flexible and sustainable working hours
- Brand new MacBook Pro (or equivalent for anyone who prefers Linux/BSD)
- A meaningful amount of equity
- More perks as we (and you) think of them
🤝How we’ll get to know each other
If you’d like to gobble up the challenge of reinventing food shopping and you want to make your mark, get in touch and we’ll get back to you within 48 hours if your application is successful. We’re mindful and respectful of your time, so our process shouldn’t take more than about 4 hours in total and will typically consist of:
- an introductory conversation
- a technical deep-dive
- a product discussion
- a culture interview
Full time | London (Onsite/WFH mix) | currently COVID remote
🙌 We look forward to hearing from you!!(*NB We’ll only work with recruiters who come via a warm recommendation or we have a relationship with. No direct approaches!)
Salary range £65,000 — 85,000
Salary (doe) + a meaningful amount of equity
Apply for this job or share it
More like this
- Work in conservation (with React Native) at Chirp Birding
- Software Engineer - Full Stack (PHP/React) at Dawson Andrews
- Head of Engineering at Zero Deposit
- TikTok Marketing Associate at Strudel Labs
- Front-end developer at Geeky Medics
- Digital Marketing Executive at Pockit Limited
- Lead Engineer at Zero Deposit
- Data Science Director at Juni
- Customer Success Director at Juni
- 🛒 E-commerce Manager at Yuca at Yuca