Backed by high-profile investors and led by startup veterans behind two of London's most prominent tech companies, we are disrupting education recruitment.
UK schools spend well over £1bn per year on covering short term absences with supply teachers. The current model is exclusively reliant on agencies that charge a massive commission and are terribly inefficient (everything is paper and phone-call based). We are consolidating this analogue, fragmented, and inefficient marketplace onto a digital platform. Think Uber for supply teachers. In the process we'll pull hundreds of millions of waste out of the education system and have a huge positive impact on teachers and schools.
Looking to make a difference?
This is your chance to join a tech startup on the ground floor. As an early employee you will play a significant role in the development of the company and have the opportunity for rapid career progression and learning.
We’ve built a solid MVP. Now we’re looking to transform it into a product truly loved by teachers and schools.
What we are looking for
- Experience with ReactJS and good understanding of API’s is a plus
- Experience using memory-data stores such as Redis and background workers such as Sidekiq
- Strong bias to test-driven development & automation as well as experience with Git or other similar version control systems
- Knowledge of deploying to and managing cloud environments like Heroku is a plus
- Top performer that wants to be part of a high-performing, motivated team
- Growth mindset – passion for growing your skills as a developer
- Passion for the education sector and commitment to the company’s success
What's in it for you?
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Significant ownership in the company
- 25 days holiday
- Great central London office (currently in process of moving to Vauxhall/Oval area)
- Fun-loving, tight-knit team solving a problem that makes a difference
Salary range £45,000 — 65,000
Competitive salary, significant share options, and good benefits.
More like this
- Programme/Events Manager at TechHub
- WordPress Designer / Developer at RUIN
- Tech Lead at Simply Business
- Lead Software Engineer at Messly
- Technology Product Manager at Domino Recording Company
- Front-End Engineer at Rapha Racing Ltd
- Business Intelligence Pro at Trussle
- Digital Designer at Soapbox
- Senior Platform & DevOps Engineer at Popsa
- Front-end Developer at Simply Business