Senior Full Stack Engineer
Full Stack Engineer
Based in London Bridge area, London, United Kingdom
Role: Full time
Salary & benefits
Let’s talk! Tell us what would make you happy and we will try and accommodate…
Emoquo is an exciting and fast-growing digital coaching and people analytics platform business based in the London.
We are changing the way people at work can get help and support in the moment by giving them expert guidance via the Emoquo app, 24/7 in complete confidence. We’re improving emotional wellbeing in an impactful and unique way.
Employers subscribe to the Emoquo app and provide it to their employees. The organization gets an aggregated and anonymized real-time heatmap of what’s really going on in the organization, which can also be benchmarked and highlights best practice and areas for improvement. Think of it as an early warning system around mental health issues at work which is a top priority for business and government.
We’ve already achieved strong market traction, have a product in market, with the new app MVP released in Summer 2017, have paying customers and a highly experienced management team.
This is an exciting time to join Emoquo, we’re growing and scaling the business in line with market demand and are expanding the technical team.
To do this we need an experienced Full Stack Engineer who is passionate about making a positive difference to the lives of people at work.
The Engineer will be required to lead the technical build, work with our outsourced technical partners and be instrumental in developing our Machine Learning and AI strategy and roadmap.
About the role
We are looking for an enthusiastic, Senior Full Stack Engineer who will help lead in building, managing and scaling the development of our core product.
We’d look to you to work with other product management, design and UX colleagues to define feature specifications and help ideas become reality and manage our relationship with our development partners.
We’d like you to help us build the next iteration of our products and leveraging the appropriate frameworks.
- Full stack web/mobile application development
- Implementing web and mobile interfaces
- Monitoring and maintaining back-end services
- Having an eye for detail and an interest in implementing for many platforms
- Working closely with operations and product teams, to build and scale back-end services
- Make sure our products and services look and feel great for users on any platform
- Manage near-shore and offshore resources development resources
- Build, deploy, maintain and support our product suite
- Build report interfaces and data feeds
- Maintain our corporate website
- 6+ years of programming experience (we currently use PHP plus Wordpress for our company site)
- 6+ years of experience with relational databases and SQL (We currently use PostgreSQL)
- 3+ years of using libraries and frameworks (Laravel, Bootstrap, React, JQuery)
- 3+ years of experience with a mobile development framework (React Native, Cordova)
- 2+ years of managing an IaaS/Cloud computing service (We currently use AWS)
- 3+ years of experience managing a team and external partners (including remote and off-shore teams
Having B.S. or M.S. in a Computer Science or related field be great, but if you have any background or interest in artificial intelligence it would be a real bonus
Ideally you will:
- Have experience of working with/for start-ups and scale-ups and be able to adapt and be flexible as the business and technical requirements evolve
- Be able to take the lead as well as play a strong team role and work well with other teams in the company
- Be willing and able to continuously grow, learn and give/take feedback as the job requirements and business grow
- Be knowledgeable around emerging and future tech and how it can be harnessed for development today
- Have a commercial understanding as it relates to building technical products
More like this
- Simulation Engineer at Simudyne
- Quality Engineer at Kognitiv
- Head of Technology at BlockDox
- Go developer at Vega Protocol
- Lead developer at unrd
- Digital Marketer at Makers Academy
- .Net XML Developer at Kognitiv
- Full Stack Web App Developer at UQuant
- UX/UI Designer at Hold