We are looking for a talented Senior Full Stack Engineer to join our team in Lisbon to help us build the next big product, one MVP at a time. You will be working closely with entrepreneurs, researchers, engineers and others on greenfield projects.
Before explaining what we have to offer, please answer a few questions:
- Do you prefer to follow someone else's plan?
- Do you love being right and feel there is no learning opportunity in being wrong?
- Do you think that every situation is either black or white?
- Do you value money above everything else?
- Do you consider perfection to be a realistic goal?
If you answered YES to ANY of the questions, great! There are plenty of jobs for you out there to choose from, just not this one.
If you are still here, then read on: We are Intersection Ventures a technology venture builder focused on launching and growing high-potential startups by applying the wisdom of the crowds and machine learning.
What we're looking for...
- 5+ years of experience mastering object oriented languages and web development
- Graduate degree in a Computer Science related field or equivalent experience
- Eagerness for lean, pragmatic and well-tested code
- Experience with NoSQL databases, cache systems and messaging
- Strong experience in Continuous Integration/Deployment tools
- Be enthusiastic, optimistic and a great problem solver
- Be hungry to investigate emerging creative and technology trends
- Be autonomous, self-driven and able to work well under pressure
- Love a rigorous debate with your colleagues and embrace change, lots of change
- Have a European work permit
Bonus points if you...
- Linux and AWS experience
- Good understanding of containerization and orchestration
- Significant contributions to OSS
- Previous startup experience
What you'll be doing...
- Developing new products from prototypes and MVPs
- Designing and implementing back-end architectures up to RESTful APIs
- Automating packaging, installation and deployment on a cloud environment
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimizing applications for speed and scalability
- Executing work that adheres to best practice brand and consistency standards
- Collaborating with Product and other team members to prioritize work
- Participating in code reviews and sharing knowledge
- Iterating fast with an agile project management process and Kanban boards
- Participating in weekly innovation challenges where you’ll have the opportunity to do market research, ideation, business canvas and pitch your ideas
Why you should join...
- This is the opportunity to be a part of something big, no HUGE! You will have the opportunity to disrupt entire industries - and have fun while doing so.
- Live (and eat and drink) in sunny Lisbon. Need I say more? Okay, our offices are located in the heart of a booming startup community
- 22 paid vacation days and flexible work hours.
- We can recommend awesome SURF spots nearby.
- We've been called the Navy Seals of the startup world. Ok, nobody has called us that, yet, but we're trying to make it stick.
Congrats, you made it to the end of this job description. If you dug our vibe and think you might be the one, be sure to apply.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Salary range £27,000 — 40,000
More like this
- React & React Native Developer at ev.energy
- Senior Account Executive at Textio
- Backend Engineer (Python, Go, AWS) at Citymapper
- Associate Product Manager at Zero Deposit
- Community Engagement Consultant at Duel
- iOS and/or Android Developer at Cotham Technologies
- Business Development Manager - UK & Europe at Compono
- Growth Manager at Enlitened (part of The Student Room Group)
- Talented Fullstack Ruby Developer at Homeshift
- Head of School Partnerships at ImpactEd